Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 16269 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Twilight
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »
Picking up chicks at Twilight would be a good idea if all the chicks were over the age of 14.
lolrotf

I have a mild interest in reading it just so I can trash it.

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:13 AM »
No and maybe.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »
So what's the over/under for the number of reviews that use a vampire related pun about how much the movie sucks?  I'm going to set it at a conservative 6.5.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
So what's the over/under for the number of reviews that use a vampire related pun about how much the movie sucks?  I'm going to set it at a conservative 6.5.

What about the British press calling it Bloody Awful!

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »

What about the British press calling it Bloody Awful!

You raise a fair point.  American reviews: 6.5. British reviews: 8

Marbe

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
Its got a 35% on Rotten Tomatoes and is, seriously, declining by the minute.
I've stopped reading the book, because when your Vampire boyfriend stands outside your house every night and watches you, that is not love, it's a felony. The  books is not very well written either Edward has no range, he either laughs or broods, there is nothing inbetween. Bella also has two, she can swoon or be sarcastic, again just those two things nothing inbetween. Seriously the author can't figure out another word for cringe. It took me 200 pages but I can officially call this book awful.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
Even if the film was decent, I doubt the critics would give it passable rating especially if the majority of them have seen Let the Right One In. I've seen neither that nor Twilight, and only plan on seeing the first, but given that Let the Right One In has been screening for a while in release and previously at festivals I'd imagine that critics would only immediately compare them and after seeing how high the RT score for LtRONI is, it's not surprising that, by comparison, Twilight is abysmal.

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
It's also not surprising given that most critics are elitest assholes and wouldn't want to be seen giving a modicum of praise to something so mainstream and with such a large preteen/teen fanbase.  Not that I think it'll be any good, but you have to keep that in mind when reading reviews.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
It's also not surprising given that most critics are elitest assholes and wouldn't want to be seen giving a modicum of praise to something so mainstream and with such a large preteen/teen fanbase.  Not that I think it'll be any good, but you have to keep that in mind when reading reviews.

High School Musical 3 - 67% fresh

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »

High School Musical 3 - 67% fresh

I would guess that Wilson feels HSM3 deserves to be 97% fresh.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

love