Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 789991 times)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »
Haha, yes I have my list done with another 10 "Honorable Mentions" that I'll list after the top 20 are done...

And, hmmm.. let's see.. one of those does make my list.  ;)

Intriguing.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
I played the first hour of bioshock today and wow, was that amazing. What gets you is how tense it is. Around every corner, there could be a splicer, and while they aren't hugely dangerous, the game is able to make you worried that around any corner there could be a splicer and that a splicer getting the drop on you is fatal.

Ofe course the art direction and the world of rapture are great. And the rest of the game. More on it as I play.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
Wait until you face your first Big Daddy.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »

I did. It was a bit anticlimactic. Four shotgun blasts and he was down.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »

I did. It was a bit anticlimactic. Four shotgun blasts and he was down.

Really? Did you use Electric Bucks or something?

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #1095 on: October 17, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »
As beautifully as the game is designed, and as great as the start of the game is, it became very boring when I realized how repetitive the gameplay is. The annoyance of things like frequent hacking and the upgrade systems drags it down as well. Apparently not many people agree with me, but I'll be interested to hear your take, 'Noke.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1096 on: October 18, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »
I played the first hour of bioshock today and wow, was that amazing. What gets you is how tense it is. Around every corner, there could be a splicer, and while they aren't hugely dangerous, the game is able to make you worried that around any corner there could be a splicer and that a splicer getting the drop on you is fatal.

Ofe course the art direction and the world of rapture are great. And the rest of the game. More on it as I play.
That game is fun until it gets all gamey and ruins the immersion.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1097 on: October 18, 2009, 07:52:13 PM »
Just solved Uncharted 2 for the second time, this time on HARD. I also found 92 treasures out of 100 and I'm getting back into it next week on "Crushing" difficulty level. God, this game is good.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1098 on: October 18, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
You should play online with me sometime. I need to buy a mic first though  :-\

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1099 on: October 18, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
Just solved Uncharted 2 for the second time, this time on HARD. I also found 92 treasures out of 100 and I'm getting back into it next week on "Crushing" difficulty level. God, this game is good.
This is how games should be played. I remember the good ole days when I'd spend a few good months just getting to know the ends and outs of a great game. My replaying of KotOR reminds me of just how much I played and how I still know where most everything is in that game.