Author Topic: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button  (Read 22021 times)

gerryburns

Re: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
 ???

I cannot understand why so many people are underwhelmed by Benjamin Button.  I thought it was an incredible film, moreso for the first half of the film before Benjamin finally gets together with Daisy.  (Cate Blanchett was miscast for this movie; I couldn't stand her character). Watching it felt like reading a book you never wanted to end. Brad Pitt deserved more acclaim than he got for his work as Button. His voiceover and Louisianan accent were "poifect."  I loved Captain Mike. I loved the guy who played Button's father. And Taraj Henson as Benjamin's mother was so touching. Yes, it's true--"you never know what's comin' for ya."
Power to the people!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »
This film has a Criterion Collection release. There's something to be said for that.
Everybody makes mistakes.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2009, 05:55:55 PM »
This film has a Criterion Collection release. There's something to be said for that.
Everybody makes mistakes.

It's not a mistake at all. The Criterion edition is worthy if only for the amazingly extensive documentary. On top of that, the money Criterion likely made from the release of Button was probably a huge help in allowing them to continue releasing the obscure movies they also pay attention to.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love