Author Topic: Not exactly sure WHY I like this movie  (Read 3978 times)

Magess

Not exactly sure WHY I like this movie
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:15:25 PM »
But I find Shallow Grave http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111149/ to be oddly interesting and entertaining. It's not Great, and I know it's not, but I'm fairly sure that I watched it twice in a row the first time I rented it. I've always thought this was one of the better movies in Ewan MacGregor's dubious career-there have been some much better ones, but oh have there been so many worse.

worseforwine

shallow grave is incredible!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 08:56:05 PM »
Why would you apologize for liking Shallow Grave??  That is one of the best movies ever made!  Danny Boyle pays homage to the Coen Bros. Blood Simple and if you want a great movie night, watch these two movies back to back.

Magess

Re: shallow grave is incredible!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 04:26:33 PM »
Quote from: "worseforwine"
Why would you apologize for liking Shallow Grave??  That is one of the best movies ever made!  Danny Boyle pays homage to the Coen Bros. Blood Simple and if you want a great movie night, watch these two movies back to back.

I dunno, because I didn't think it was great cinema, just oddly entrancing. I shall check out this Blood Simple you speak of. I know little about movies so homages and references pretty much always go over my head.

Freddie

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:49:51 AM »
Shallow Grave rocks! When i watched i probably not old enough (pretty young now) but it scared me. Need to watch it again to relive it in a different manner!!

DaverJ

Re: Not exactly sure WHY I like this movie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 10:47:10 AM »
Quote from: "Magess"
But I find Shallow Grave http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111149/ to be oddly interesting and entertaining. .

A GREAT movie!  8)   Danny Boyle rocks.

Impish (unrecognized)

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 09:50:27 AM »
Let us know how you liked Blood Simple, the amazing debut of the Coen brothers that is at turns funny, scary and intense.  

In turn, I'll check out Shallow Grave...  which I don't think I've seen.

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 05:07:04 PM »
Blood Simple is a much better film. Great sound design, sort of like The Evil Dead

Anonymous

Confusion
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 09:02:21 AM »