love

Author Topic: The Wrestler  (Read 21954 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: The Wrestler
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2009, 12:14:46 AM »
Boba Fett lived on in the belly of the Sarlacc. It's covered in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy of books (which were pretty good, I think).

Don't ever reread them then, keep the idea that they are good in your mind, it took me two years to read through them, that's how bad I thought they were.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2009, 12:21:55 AM »
Is there a special place between heaven and hell (a la purgatory or limbo) for characters who have abiguous screen deaths?  I can see Micky Rourke, Kelly Macdonald and Boba Fett are  sippling Mai Tais together in some parallel universe somewhere waiting for news on their promotions.
According to the book, Kelly Macdonald is a whole lot less ambiguous. One of the reasons I liked the movie more.
I don't think it was ambiguous in the movie. The Coens tell you everything you need to know whether she lives or dies.

Yeah, thought it was far from ambiguous in the film.
A$AP Fables

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:54 AM »
Boba Fett lived on in the belly of the Sarlacc. It's covered in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy of books (which were pretty good, I think).

Don't ever reread them then, keep the idea that they are good in your mind, it took me two years to read through them, that's how bad I thought they were.

I'm not rewatching "Life is Beautiful" for the same reason
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »

I'll leave that task to you.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »

I'll leave that task to you.

Thank you, I quickly realized when I started the SW blog that there were certain things I would be revisiting that I never, ever intended to look upon again. Such is the price of being a fan and setting a goal.

HaroldsMaude

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »
Is there a special place between heaven and hell (a la purgatory or limbo) for characters who have abiguous screen deaths?  I can see Micky Rourke, Kelly Macdonald and Boba Fett are  sippling Mai Tais together in some parallel universe somewhere waiting for news on their promotions.
According to the book, Kelly Macdonald is a whole lot less ambiguous. One of the reasons I liked the movie more.
I don't think it was ambiguous in the movie. The Coens tell you everything you need to know whether she lives or dies.

Yeah, thought it was far from ambiguous in the film.

Maybe not far from ambiguous, but it did force a few of us to question it after the film ended. Those of us who held out against hope that an innocent would be spared from the evil force that was Anton Chigurrh (sp?).

Variable

• Stroke Me Lady Fame
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
I don't think he died right then, although really the nicest future I can imagine for him is that he died on that jump, not months/years later after more time being alone and sick.

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »
I loved this movie and I plan to rewatch it soon. Once I do I will write up a review. I wrestled in an independent circuit for a couple years and this film does an amazing job of portraying the realistic details of that scene.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »
I loved this movie and I plan to rewatch it soon. Once I do I will write up a review. I wrestled in an independent circuit for a couple years and this film does an amazing job of portraying the realistic details of that scene.

You sound like on of the most interesting people on this forum. No Colleen, of course, but in the upper echelon for sure.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »

You sound like on of the most interesting people on this forum. No Colleen, of course, but in the upper echelon for sure.

Wow, thank you. I think I had some interesting past experiences but now I'm boring. *smile*
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

love