Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 15385 times)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
Apparently you can watch The Prisoner anything for free on the AMC website internet.

;)

Might have to check it out then.

kizik

• R.I.P. Laura Palmer
    • kizik's blog
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
This post is kind of a response to jbissell saying I never praise anything.

Twin Peaks is an absolutely phenomenal show. It captivated TV audiences for a variety of reasons, but the best one was this: A teenage girl in a small town in murdered. Whodunnit? The concept is so simple (and sure, it's been done on Dallas, for example) that it works. Laura Palmer is the doll of the town - pretty, popular, blond, homecoming queen. Everyone loves her. No one suspects she might have certain "problems" (won't spoil em here).

Because the town of Twin Peaks is so interconnected, anyone could have done it. (I'm thinking about "Who Shot Mr. Burns?", but hey, this is a formula that will never die.) When we find out who did it, it's shocking.

Kyle M. (can't spell it) is amazing as Dale Cooper. So is most of the cast. Everyone turns in a subtle performance and goddamn, it is a trippy series.

Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks film, was a disappointment for most critics and myself as well. The whole series is based upon finding out what happened during Laura's final days, and FWWM just tells us. How boring is that?

The series, however, treads subtly and carefully down the path of clues, lies, connections, scandals, love affairs. It's quite juicy.

PS. I think my avatar line says it all
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:48:38 PM by kizik »

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
I just finished the last episode of Twin Peaks. What an amazing show! It took me a while to get into it, I loved the first episode and thought it was a terrific set up, but then nothing seemed to reach that same level for a while. Then somewhere along the way the story just took off and kept escalating in awesomeness right through to the end. It's such a unique show it's almost impossible to explain it, but I fell completely in love with the setting, amazing cast of characters, and the extremely compelling story. There are so many genius elements to the story I wouldn't know where to begin, and wouldn't do them justice anyways, so everyone should just go watch it.

kizik

• R.I.P. Laura Palmer
    • kizik's blog
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »
Twin Peaks is an inexplicable phenomenon on the same level as Lost.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »
I have never seen this show and am beginning a marathon. I have been curious about it for years and really hope it lives up to its reputation. Ill post thoughts as I go in here.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 01:01:53 PM »
Ill post thoughts as I go in here.

Cool. The pilot is gonna blow your mind
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:51 PM »
I miss this show.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Clovis.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
Sometimes the situation calls for swearing. This is one such time. Lynch is a mother f*cking genius! Period.

Next to the Lost Pilot, this is the single best TV pilot I have ever seen. Twin Peaks was doing the "cinema on TV" thing a decade before The Sopranos. If the rest of the show is half as good as the pilot it will be amazing.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
Sometimes the situation calls for swearing. This is one such time. Lynch is a mother f*cking genius! Period.

Next to the Lost Pilot, this is the single best TV pilot I have ever seen. Twin Peaks was doing the "cinema on TV" thing a decade before The Sopranos. If the rest of the show is half as good as the pilot it will be amazing.

I hear the pie in the show is really good.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »

I hear the pie in the show is really good.

I assume this is some kind of inside joke I dont yet get?

love