Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 15404 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »
His pronunciation of that word is incredible.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
I'm now 9 episodes into S3. S2 had a long fallow period but it picked up again in the end, I thought.

Fire Walk With Me is a CINECAST!ing nightmare, and for that I applaud it even though I found it sometimes difficult to watch. I'm kinda sad we didn't get the trilogy of movies to close out the Twin Peaks story, I liked what was being set up there with weird David Bowie and all that. I works reasonably well as a setup for S3, though, too.

S3 has been pretty great. Love most things with Dougie Jones (that first breakfast scene in the giant green sportcoat was greatness), and the mystery stuff has been pretty good so far too. It's interesting that so much of the interpersonal stuff from the original Twin Peaks cast has been put way on the backburner. It's doing some of the traditional legacyquel things (introducing new characters that are related to the old ones, like freaking Willy Brando), but it isn't centering them as legacyquels often do. They feel more like window dressing right now. That's ok, just curious.

Episode 8 is obviously monumental (though, I would argue, not as good as the revelation of LP's killer in S2). It was kinda hard to go back to "normal" after watching it, so I'm taking a bit of a break.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:50 AM »
Episode 8 is probably the best episode of TV ever.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »
I could see that argument. It also puts Lynch's statement that it's an 18 hour movie to lie. That's clearly an episode of TV.

love