love

Author Topic: Best of the Boards  (Read 50922 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Best of the Boards
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
Major props to smirnoff for creating a fun, new game, and reviving a number of the old, fun movie games!

I should spend more time exploring the forum and not just visiting threads that I have subscribed to. I will go through that over the weekend.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #321 on: December 09, 2020, 11:56:05 PM »
I happened, by the way, to watch Polar Express and Christmas Carol on consecutive nights this past weekend (only one of those was on purpose), and I legitimately don't know if Robert Zemeckis loves or hates Christmas.

I haven’t seen Polar Express yet, but I just suffered through A Christmas Carol, and mousterpiece’s post above is about the only thing that made it worth it.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #322 on: January 02, 2021, 01:36:55 PM »
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
John Ford (1949)

What a mess this movie is. You'd think the titular ribbon would prove to be more essential to the story but it is nothing more than a prop that gets commented on once or twice.

I'm amused by the thought of DH being frustrated by it, though. Like, were you sitting there the whole time thinking, "But what about THE YELLOW RIBBON?!! I was really looking forward to some yellow ribbon action!" ?

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »
I was going over some old reviews and I came across this one by Lobby: An Open Letter to Popcorn

So brilliant.  So entertaining.

I miss Lobby.

Maybe it's time for us to look over old threads and seek out the Best of the Boards in earnest.  It would be a fine conclusion to our time here.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky