Live blogging Holidate in chat rn.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Chat
« Reply #2271 on: January 01, 2021, 07:09:28 PM »
In here for half of a bowl game while I crank out a Top Ten Tracks of 2020.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2272 on: July 04, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »
Sad to say that FLY's 4th of July (Independence Day) plans fell through, so I will be in the chat for a bit as I watch that RL thang on Netflixxx.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2273 on: July 14, 2021, 05:47:45 AM »
Struggling to sleep. Where are all my overseas people that are actually awake? I wanna know what's poppin' in Australia. How the French educational system is doing these days. C'mon.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #2274 on: July 17, 2021, 01:28:11 AM »
Struggling to sleep. Where are all my overseas people that are actually awake? I wanna know what's poppin' in Australia. How the French educational system is doing these days. C'mon.

Australia's mostly in lockdown because our vaccine rollout has been so bad.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2275 on: July 17, 2021, 05:25:43 AM »

Australia's mostly in lockdown because our vaccine rollout has been so bad.

I had made the comment when I was on here super late at night, Phoenix time, and was super bored. Usually in those times all of our America peeps are asleep, but Filmspotter's International is usually awake. What's gone wrong with the roll out? Just not enough doses, or not getting out to people fast enough?

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2276 on: July 17, 2021, 06:27:06 AM »
The federal government f'ed up and failed to get enough orders in last year of enough different vaccines. They relied too heavily on the AstraZeneca one, because it could be made here. They gambled and we lost. However this is a government lead by someone who cannot ever admit to stuffing up, so there is always someone else to blame. Then they have further compounded that problem with an inability to organise a piss up in a brewery, so the roll-out has been a mess as well. Then they are putting out mixed messages about the need to get vaccinated, like saying if you are worried about getting the AZ, there will be Pfizer available later in the year.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2277 on: July 17, 2021, 06:39:04 AM »
The federal government f'ed up and failed to get enough orders in last year of enough different vaccines. They relied too heavily on the AstraZeneca one, because it could be made here. They gambled and we lost. However this is a government lead by someone who cannot ever admit to stuffing up, so there is always someone else to blame. Then they have further compounded that problem with an inability to organise a piss up in a brewery, so the roll-out has been a mess as well. Then they are putting out mixed messages about the need to get vaccinated, like saying if you are worried about getting the AZ, there will be Pfizer available later in the year.

That last part is especially weird, but something similar happened in Detroit, Michigan (the major city near where I'm originally from). The mayor temporarily declined to have the Johnson and Johnson vaccine distributed because he felt that it was a lesser product, leaving a lot of people extremely confused.

So did your government have the ability to bring in other vaccines and not do it? It just seems like politicians around the world are messing up a fairly obvious solution to a problem - get as much vaccine as you can, get it to as many people as you can, and do it as quickly as you can. I know it can get messy, but it's like they're playing with their dinner while real people suffer the consequences.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2278 on: July 17, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
It was not so much a case of having the ability to bring in other vaccines, they just did not order a variety and volume of vaccines. Now of course there are waits if you order because those who ordered before are ahead of you in the queue. That is unless you do like Israel did and handover the health records of all your citizens to Pfizer so they can monitor the effectiveness of their vaccine. Then you can jump the Pfizer queue.

love