love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755462 times)

newby99

Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #430 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:13 AM »
Hi new poster but listener from the beginging.  Im Doug and I live in Wichita, Ks.  Filmspotting is great but we don't have a new episode until the 7th  :(

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:51 PM »
Hi all,

I'm Vicki and I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now.  I'm 24 years old, born and raised in Hoboken, NJ, birthplace of Frank Sinatra, baseball, and Joey "Pants" Pantaliano (we're particularly proud of Joey Pants).  Right now, I'm attending a local university and someday I may even graduate, although I would probably have to stop changing my major for that to happen (right now, it's Writing).  Anyway, I look forward to having some fun discussing the podcast and everything else with all of you, but right now, I have to stop procrastinating and actually go to class.

Vicki :)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #432 on: February 01, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse. Why would you be going to class? It doesn't make any sense. Learn in school? Thats dum.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #433 on: February 01, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
ahhh you are against learning in school.... that explains your lab questions in the question and answer thread ;)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #434 on: February 01, 2007, 05:06:26 PM »
Do you have a hidden canister of "ice-nine" somewhere?
Is that from Cat's Cradle?

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #435 on: February 01, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
i can answer that... ice-nine evil cat's cradle thingy...

ice-five is a more fun alias invention (but an obvious steal of the previous idea without the whole end of the world connotations.)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #436 on: February 01, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
Do you have a hidden canister of "ice-nine" somewhere?
Is that from Cat's Cradle?

Yeah - Vonnegut wrote that Frank Hoennikker was a kid who played with model airplanes and jerked off all the time...
Hey, nice marmot!

tommy d

• 'what do you mean "I'm Funny" ?'
« Reply #437 on: February 01, 2007, 09:05:10 PM »
Hello, my name is Paul, I'm 43 years old, a father of three and I live near London in the uk.
I've been listening through iTunes since February last year, before Sam was a Van, and I have gone back to Cinecast 1 and heard all the shows.
I go to the cinema a lot, my partner and I are big film fans and yet we are hopeless at Massacre Theatre, one of our favourite parts of the show. Since I got into Filmspotting I've acquired a bigger TV, a multi-region dvd player and shares in Amazon.com! The guys have encouraged and expanded my viewing experience to great effect and I now own most of the works of John Sayles, Alfred Hitchcock and John Ford. They introduced me to Werner Herzog. A couple of great filmspotting inspired experiences have been Matewan and Gates of Heaven.
""I am moved by fancies that are curled around these images, and cling:
The notion of some infinitely gentle infinitely suffering thing."

Roryism

« Reply #438 on: February 01, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »
Welcome Rory and Rene.  The same thing applies to you two as applies to Christopher.  We need more info.  I see that Rory has already posted his pics, so that's a lot.  We want to know what makes you tick...your secret crushes, "your most intimate of intimates...and from where I'm standing 'intimate' is this stud-muffin's middle name...so tell me, my man, were you nervous in the service?'

(Name that movie quote.)

Well as you could probably tell from my previous post, I'm a big fan of both Seinfeld and Vonnegut. I guess it goes without saying that I'm into film. Entered a few film festivals back in highschool. I'm enjoy asian "shock" cinema(Takashi Miike, Park Chan-Wook, etc), but my favorite director would have to be David Lynch. Other interests include philosophy, gaming, and reading.
And the rain sets in
It's the angel-man
I'm deranged

Rene A. Moncivais

« Reply #439 on: February 02, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Okay here is a little more about myself.  I have a degree in Radio and Television yet I am working for a company called Cybertrader and I am a file clerk.  I like playing my XBOX 360 on Live (Gamertag: Loapan).  I also like playing the Nintendo Wii that I own.  I just recently got engaged and we will be married next Spring.  I am currently writing short films and trying to turn it into a full length film.  I write for 2 websites 1. www.amherstlane.com and 2. www.goblinhaus.com  I am 31 years if age and am still trying to get my life straight.  I live in Austin, TX.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 12:14:11 PM by Rene A. Moncivais »
"What about Oliver Stone?"

"Ummm, send him meat."

love