Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755313 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »
Your mom is a tangent... BURN!

See, this is the kind of stuff that you won't see on this board. That's for IMDB.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »
Yeah... we don't tend to do the imdb style messaging... except in dedicated threads. I like the "I don't care if the movie is bad I'll still see it 'cause the actor is ___" thread... but even that one is more like a confessional. :)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #612 on: April 03, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
Welcome, worm@work.  I know you play the Movie Game and have had some tough screenshots up.

Tell me, would the food be Indian?  Curries?  Prawns Bombay?  Tiki Chicken? Naan?  Papadums?  God, I'm starving for that!  We get great Indian in Perth, but now that I'm back in Texas, no curries.  Of course, the barbeque and TexMex are great too.

(I'm starting a diet on Tuesday, so I'm all about the food right now!)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:17:19 PM by pixote »
Texan Down Under

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #613 on: April 03, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
Gee, thanks for making my tummy go "GRRRR."  It is now planning a full-fledged assault if I don't get it some yummy Curry. ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:17:29 PM by pixote »

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #614 on: April 04, 2007, 07:07:18 AM »
Welcome, worm.  Play nice with the other kids.  Don't get dirt on your new pants.

rie

• looseframing
« Reply #615 on: April 04, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »
howdy from (way too hot too early) sunny tucson!

i'm rie -- been a cinecrack addict for a long time now... and i've spent too much time just lurking in here -- figured it was time to face this part of my addiction and introduce myself.

i live in tucson, love it to death, and can't wait for when samandadam come visit (someday?  maybe?) so i can take them to our independent theater, the loft, where we can drink beer and eat pizza (gotta' love that).  i've been into stories all my life, so it was easy to become obsessed with movies -- the stories they tell and the stories about how they get made.  i'm a writer, and hope to add being able to write halfway decent movie reviews to my list of things i write and share with the 2.3 readers of my blog.   ::)

i'm looking forward to joining in the discussions and learning from y'all!

peace- rie
I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of the hunger for life that gnaws in us all.

Richard Wright

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #616 on: April 04, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »
welcome... do you have a favorite genre? type of music? sporting event? species of cactus?
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

crumpet

• slithographer
    • CrumpArt
« Reply #617 on: April 04, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »
I don't think I could really cope living in a place without Indian food options.  I have a hard enough time in this suburb, where there are no Indian restaurants in easy walking distance.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #618 on: April 04, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
Welcome rie.  We're glad you stepped in here.  Take a look around at other people's websites; you'll see that a lot of us are writers in one way or another.  Do you do anything else besides movies and writing?  Professional eyebrow waxing perhaps? Cuddly street urchin-ing?

Also, if you're looking to learn something from us, you will be sorely disappointed.  There's a hell of a lot of opining and grandstanding on these boards, but not a whole lot of teaching.

rie

• looseframing
« Reply #619 on: April 05, 2007, 11:39:16 AM »
welcome... do you have a favorite genre? type of music? sporting event? species of cactus?

fav genre... hmm.  i can tell you what kinds of movies i DON'T gravitate towards -- musicals and westerns (yes, still, despite the boys' really great marathons).  music?  all over the place -- i like exploring.  right now, i'm into the tiger lillies, and any danny elfman score will always make me happy.  sporting event -- does eating count?   ;D

and i'm partial to night-blooming cereus.
I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of the hunger for life that gnaws in us all.

Richard Wright