Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755398 times)

sodajerk

Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2007, 10:09:34 PM »
Have ya'll noticed this guy chesterfilms is all over the boards and all we know about him:

his name is Michael
he has an "impressive beard"
he knows a lot of foreign film titles
he may or may not be clumsy
and evidently there's a "very cool" reel on his myspace page

I think anyone with a record number of one day posts should have to pony up with a little more personal info.

I like that I was quoted twice in your post.  ;)

Michael, you've made quite a splash today. At this rate you'll be a senior member in a few weeks.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
Have ya'll noticed this guy chesterfilms is all over the boards and all we know about him:

his name is Michael
he has an "impressive beard"
he knows a lot of foreign film titles
he may or may not be clumsy
and evidently there's a "very cool" reel on his myspace page

I think anyone with a record number of one day posts should have to pony up with a little more personal info.

I always read your posts, sodajerk! and pay attention too.

I like that I was quoted twice in your post.  ;)

Michael, you've made quite a splash today. At this rate you'll be a senior member in a few weeks.

Michael certainly has been saving up for a posting blitz today. 
Texan Down Under

sodajerk

« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2007, 10:33:46 PM »

Aww, thanks, salty. Likewise.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #673 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »
I figured out my real posts per day is more around 10, taking in to account the 5 months that I was a lurker. So that's quite a bit more. Then there was that one day where Alex and I had a music fight. That was fun. Good times.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »
I figured out my real posts per day is more around 10, taking in to account the 5 months that I was a lurker. So that's quite a bit more. Then there was that one day where Alex and I had a music fight. That was fun. Good times.

Wasn't there an Alex/junior posting orgy on April 1st?
Texan Down Under

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #675 on: April 17, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »
I seem to remember that a posting parade when by that day. It was to scary to join in though ;)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Rishi

• Commentary Track - My movie blog
« Reply #676 on: April 23, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »
Hey folks. I've been listening to Filmspotting for about three months now but just got around to posting on the boards.

A little bit about myself... I am 32 and currently live in Indianapolis. (However, I will be moving to Arlington, VA in about a month.) I have more degrees than I know what to do with... BA in English, MFA in Creative Writing (Poetry) and I am going to be graduating with a JD in just about three weeks. After my move, my job description will be amended from "Student" to "Unemployed." But if I pass this Bar Exam thing in July, I can further amend my job description to "Unemployed Attorney." Cool.

Anyway, I enjoy talking about movies a heck of a lot more than I enjoy talking about the law. I have a soft spot for big-budget fantasy/sci-fi/super hero blockbusters and dumb comedies, but I mostly consider myself an indie/arthouse guy. Though I think I can enjoy films in practically any genre as long as it's good.

I hope it's not uncouth to plug my movie blog at http://commentarytrack.com/ which I work on with a couple other film buffs from Indianapolis. We're actually looking for a new writer, so if you ever fancied yourself an amateur critic, let me know.

Looking forward to being part of this community...

Rishi,
"Oh no, Dad, it's completely baked."

Commentary Track - A blog for film buffs

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #677 on: April 23, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
Welcome aboard the crazy train, Rishi.  I went to the site and it's very nice... I also noticed that your "from" New Jersey.  What's up with the quotes?  Be proud, my friend, be very proud (if you couldn't tell, I'm born and raised in Jersey).  What part of the Garden State are you from anyway? :)

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #678 on: April 23, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »
I was going to ask why arlington?!?! ... and to say there is a great tapas place off the gallery place/china town metro stop call jaleo and you should try it when you move to the dc area. :)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Rishi

• Commentary Track - My movie blog
« Reply #679 on: April 24, 2007, 10:41:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I put from in quotes to emphasize that I don't know if I can still claim I'm from there. I wasn't born in New Jersey and have not lived there since 1998, though I spent most of my formative years there. Still, even many years later, when someone asks me where I'm from, I still say New Jersey. I am proud of being from NJ. My parents live in North Brunswick. So, where are you from, VmSoze?

I picked Arlington because I wanted to be in Virginia but close to DC. I'm taking the Virginia Bar and I have ties to Virginia since I went to college there. I also have a lot of family in the area. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out when I move.
"Oh no, Dad, it's completely baked."

Commentary Track - A blog for film buffs

love