Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755404 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Top 5 Guilty Pleasure films
« Reply #2300 on: September 20, 2009, 12:20:36 AM »
Which trilogy do you like?  
The one I devoted my username to.

I tend to pounce on people, like a lion on a dazed gazelle. Nothing personal, it's just how I break the ice. I spend most of my time arguing so may as well start off on that note. And no, I'm not a cannibal.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #2301 on: September 20, 2009, 01:36:47 AM »
Freshman!!!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2302 on: September 20, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »
Hi, OmNom.   
Aha!  I think I'm getting the hang of this.  I keep losing this thread!  But I get it now-- This is in the "no movie talk allowed" section!--   ;D   Hoo buoy.  I think I need more caffeine. 

Just click show replies to new posts at the top of the page. It makes life much easier.

Welcome Omnom!
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #2303 on: September 20, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »
Welcome OmNom!

Thanks!  (That's... kinda... hypnotic...  :) )

Noff is great about stuff like that, if you're  having a bad day and need a picture, video or gif to laugh at Noff is your man. And don't hold it against him that he's Canadian, it's not his fault.  :D

I kid because I love Canada, they gave me hockey, that's all I need

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2304 on: September 20, 2009, 10:39:44 AM »
Is she 15 or older? If so, I think it's almost time you have her watch Paranoia Agent. In fact, you should watch that series as well, Satoshi Kon is the man.
She'll be 15 in a few months, actually. I'll ask her if she knows about this one.  Thanks.   :)
You'll want to screen a little bit of it yourself first, just for the record. One or two episodes have some overtly mature themes. No nudity or anything that I'm aware of, but one episode focuses on a whore and another on a suicide pact, I think. Either way, it's a fantastic series from a fantastic director.
Whores?  Suicide pacts?  Sounds just like your basic Old Testament stuff.  Nothing we haven't studied together in church.   :) 
I've always said the Bible is R rated, and shouldn't be taught to little kids.  Of course, it never is.  Has to be sanitized by the church to be taught.  Crazy.

Welcome OnNom!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #2305 on: September 20, 2009, 12:38:18 PM »
Is she 15 or older? If so, I think it's almost time you have her watch Paranoia Agent. In fact, you should watch that series as well, Satoshi Kon is the man.
She'll be 15 in a few months, actually. I'll ask her if she knows about this one.  Thanks.   :)
You'll want to screen a little bit of it yourself first, just for the record. One or two episodes have some overtly mature themes. No nudity or anything that I'm aware of, but one episode focuses on a whore and another on a suicide pact, I think. Either way, it's a fantastic series from a fantastic director.
Whores?  Suicide pacts?  Sounds just like your basic Old Testament stuff.  Nothing we haven't studied together in church.   :) 
I've always said the Bible is R rated, and shouldn't be taught to little kids.  Of course, it never is.  Has to be sanitized by the church to be taught.  Crazy.

Welcome OnNom!

Hello!   :)

Noff is great about stuff like that, if you're  having a bad day and need a picture, video or gif to laugh at Noff is your man. And don't hold it against him that he's Canadian, it's not his fault.  :D

I kid because I love Canada, they gave me hockey, that's all I need
Kewl!  No prob, I'm actually half Canadian.   :D   My mom finally became a U.S citizen just a few years ago... But the rest of that side of the family thought she was-- unwise, to phrase it politely.
The answers you seek are in Norway.

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #2306 on: September 20, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
Which trilogy do you like?  
The one I devoted my username to.

I tend to pounce on people, like a lion on a dazed gazelle. Nothing personal, it's just how I break the ice. I spend most of my time arguing so may as well start off on that note. And no, I'm not a cannibal.
No prob.  Freedom of speech, it's good.  I didn't realize there had been other dramatic hamsters running about.

I gotta find a new avatar eventually, something of Newt (from Aliens), to match my little quote...
The answers you seek are in Norway.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #2307 on: September 20, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »
I gotta find a new avatar eventually, something of Newt (from Aliens), to match my little quote...

Which is awesome, I might add.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2308 on: September 20, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »

Which is awesome, I might add.
Agree! :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2309 on: September 20, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
Thought that quote was from South Park.

love