Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755476 times)

danielle

Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #760 on: June 20, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
Hah, I still remember watching the Last Unicorn cartoon at my grandma's house when I was a little kid and then getting in trouble later when my mom found out (I think it was rated PG... how scandalous!). I guess my little sister had gotten scared from it, and of course I was to blame. So yeah, being the older sister didn't really help since the movies our family watched together had to be acceptable for her too.

danielle

« Reply #761 on: June 20, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
Doesn't everybody type in an English accent?

I like to think that I do... heh

mweston

• My blog
« Reply #762 on: June 20, 2007, 02:47:08 PM »
(grew up in lovely Northern California)

You got that right.

Wishbone (yeah, the one with the little dog on PBS).

I only watched about 1 episode, but I happen to be wearing a Jack Russell Terrier shirt today. Unfortunately ours died last year, a few months shy of 15 years old. It's almost time to get a new one.

Movies with Jack Russells is a pretty diverse category. Besides the obvious (My Dog Skip), there's The Mask and Crimson Tide.
- Mike "One's a Party, One's a Crowd" Weston

danielle

« Reply #763 on: June 20, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »

You got that right.

You from around there? I lived in Milpitas by San Jose and Fremont in the Bay Area... and I miss it every single day of winter and many days of summer as well.

mweston

• My blog
« Reply #764 on: June 20, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
You got that right.
You from around there? I lived in Milpitas by San Jose and Fremont in the Bay Area... and I miss it every single day of winter and many days of summer as well.

Yep. My profile says Silicon Valley, but I live up on top of the coastal hills on the penisula, next to an open space preserve and with a view of the Bay. On the downside, if you need to run to the grocery store, it's a 45 minute round trip.

danielle

« Reply #765 on: June 20, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Oh, those coastal hills are quite gorgeous... but my heart will always belong to those dry and treeless foothills on the other side of the valley. My house was right at the bottom of them. Most of my childhood dreams involved running away into those hills, living in an oak tree, and befriending a cougar and perhaps a red tailed hawk... I think I just read My Side of the Mountain and Hatchet one too many times. Heh.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #766 on: June 20, 2007, 04:30:53 PM »

Yep. My profile says Silicon Valley, but I live up on top of the coastal hills on the penisula, next to an open space preserve and with a view of the Bay. On the downside, if you need to run to the grocery store, it's a 45 minute round trip.

Hmm, one of my best friends lives in Portola Valley - you close to that?
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

mweston

• My blog
« Reply #767 on: June 21, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »

Hmm, one of my best friends lives in Portola Valley - you close to that?

Pretty close. I could probably hike to there in an hour or less. Have them sign up for my movie nights (the next one is 6/30 and is probably going to be Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima).

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #768 on: June 30, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
You mean business?  Does that mean you're going to take us all out if we cross a line?

roner

• Groovy
    • Boxwatcher
« Reply #769 on: June 30, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »
I think it means he'll be buying and selling stocks....  Welcome to the boards.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
                               -Buckaroo Banzai

www.boxwatcher.net
www.viewfromthecheapseatsonline.com
With Podcast!