Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755242 times)

ABRogers

• MySpace Music
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #2420 on: November 02, 2009, 08:27:46 PM »
Hi Saltine and Corndog! Currently browsing through the thread and once I find a topic to start posting under I'm sure I'll be seen around these parts quite a bit.

Howdy ABRogers, I am FLYmeatwad.  Hope you enjoy your time here, it's a great community. Glad to hear that you write, I write poems.

I want the story behind that screen name! I've always dabbled in other forms of writing and am trying to implement some sort of structured schedule so I can actually have a product to work with. (procrastination's my worst enemy) That's great that you're a poet, though, that's one form I've never been good at.

All you need to know, and all you will know, is that FLY is an acronym.

Big C is correct, that is the only information that is secretive for me, and even from me. It's an acronym.

Consider me stumped. Has anyone figured it out yet? I'm guessing that's a no, if not even you are privy to the info, but I have to ask.
"Too weird to live; too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2421 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
Consider me stumped. Has anyone figured it out yet? I'm guessing that's a no....

No  (for the same reason no one knows why Andy Kaufman played the Mightly Mouse theme on stage, created an alter ego and wrestled women)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #2422 on: November 02, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »
Free Lutheran Youth
Facilitating Leadership in Youth
Fastest Leon Yet
Fearless Leading by the Youth
Fellowship for London Youths
Financial Literacy for You
Financially Literate Youth
Freakiest Levitation Yet
Fresh Lifelines for Youth

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #2423 on: November 02, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
Free Loading Youth
Fairly Lazy Youth
For Ladies of Yardville [NJ(only town in New Jersey I could find that started with a "Y")]
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #2424 on: November 02, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
Welcome ABR, whats that an acronym for?

Ashley Blair Rogers. Not too creative with the screen name.

Was just browsing through the gender/age thread...anyone ever get the info out of you?  ;)

i believe its in this thread somewheres.

consider this an invitation to use the boards much maligned search function. good luck!

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #2425 on: November 03, 2009, 03:17:32 AM »
Howdy ABRogers
I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum. It's a ton of fun, that's of course when people aren't comparing Minority Report to The Fugitive. Say, what's your take on that? *cocks the shotgun* ;)
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

ABRogers

• MySpace Music
« Reply #2426 on: November 03, 2009, 03:30:21 AM »
Howdy ABRogers
I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum. It's a ton of fun, that's of course when people aren't comparing Minority Report to The Fugitive. Say, what's your take on that? *cocks the shotgun* ;)

"uhh...umm...the fugitive?" I think that's safe to say...? *ducks behind my cat*

Welcome ABR, whats that an acronym for?

Ashley Blair Rogers. Not too creative with the screen name.

Was just browsing through the gender/age thread...anyone ever get the info out of you?  ;)

i believe its in this thread somewheres.

consider this an invitation to use the boards much maligned search function. good luck!

As I'm new, I'll be kind and say I'm looking forward to this "much maligned search function".  ???

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #2427 on: November 03, 2009, 03:34:07 AM »
Howdy ABRogers
"uhh...umm...the fugitive?" I think that's safe to say...? *ducks behind my cat*
I see. You're a wise woman (hiding behind a cat, I'd never hurt a cat) with good taste (your choice was a good choice).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:36:02 AM by DrKimble »
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

ABRogers

• MySpace Music
« Reply #2428 on: November 03, 2009, 04:03:23 AM »
Howdy ABRogers
I see. You're a wise woman (hiding behind a cat, I'd never hurt a cat) with good taste (your choice was a good choice).

phew! nothing like the help of an avatar...I'm sure you'd never guess I like music.  ;)

and yes...my cat has many functions he adopted when I adopted him. Poor thing didn't know what he was in for. I think I'm off to attempt posting pics of him and his sadistic owner in the other threads, though no picture could do his bodyguard ability justice.

I'll take your compliment and raise ya "It wasn't me. It was the one-armed man." When Ford's doing his best impression of everyone else's bad impression of Ford, how can anyone top it? Tom Cruise just didn't stand a chance this time. 

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #2429 on: November 03, 2009, 04:09:47 AM »
Are we forgetting Mr. Tommy Lee Jones who uttered: Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him.   ?
Texan Down Under