Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755321 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #2500 on: November 19, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »
Hey, hey, hey, let's watch the slandering of a movie that is just outside of my top 100.  ;D

That's right, just keep telling yourself that. 

Wow, the Rocketeer sucks.

Turkeys don't lie.

The Rocketeer is great pulp hero fun

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2501 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »
Hey, hey, hey, let's watch the slandering of a movie that is just outside of my top 100.  ;D

That's right, just keep telling yourself that. 

Wow, the Rocketeer sucks.

Turkeys don't lie.

But wait:

However, I bow to your superior enlightenment on all things Rocketeer.

"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #2502 on: November 19, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »
I like the Rocketeer a lot. It's a regular guy with a rocket strapped to his back fighting nazi James Bond and his henchman Sasquatch (yes, Ronald "Tiny Ron" Tayler played Sasquatch!) on an airship over Hollywood.

Plus it has Alan Arkin, Jon Polito, Jennifer Connelly and Terry O'Quinn as a great Howard Hughes in it. It's stupid fun with a bunch of (granted aging) effects but it's still a neat little movie.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #2503 on: November 19, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
I like the Rocketeer a lot. It's a regular guy with a rocket strapped to his back fighting nazi James Bond and his henchman Sasquatch (yes, Ronald "Tiny Ron" Tayler played Sasquatch!) on an airship over Hollywood.

Plus it has Alan Arkin, Jon Polito, Jennifer Connelly and Terry O'Quinn as a great Howard Hughes in it. It's stupid fun with a bunch of (granted aging) effects but it's still a neat little movie.

What this guy said.  :)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #2504 on: November 20, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »

Well the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, might not be right for some.

Different strokes to move the world.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #2505 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:04 AM »
Well the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, might not be right for some.
Of course I can accept a different opinion. I didn't say "I'm right, you're wrong". It's what I'm thinking but that's not what I said. ;)
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2506 on: November 20, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »
Of course I can accept a different opinion. I didn't say "I'm right, you're wrong". It's what I'm thinking but that's not what I said. ;)

oooo....Sorry Dr Kimble that is not the next line to that song...  that's ok you still have 2 whammies left and $2500 on the board.  Make your next selection
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #2507 on: November 20, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #2508 on: November 20, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »

you misinteerpreted. i was mearly finding a unique way to say that is why there are different types for movies, books, songs, whatever. one man's steak is another man's burger.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #2509 on: November 20, 2009, 06:43:36 PM »
I forgot Timothy Dalton was in The Rocketeer.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

love