Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755427 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #2920 on: June 24, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Jeff - great intro!

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #2921 on: June 24, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »

One of my personal highlights in the realm of movies was being able to visit the set of Christopher Nolan's Inception for a day, as well as being able to talk with him over lunch.  As an aspiring filmmaker, this was invaluable and is something I will never forget.  

Welcome and OMG I'm so jealous.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2922 on: June 24, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
Glad to have you Jeff :)

Turtle Tuck

« Reply #2923 on: June 24, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
Welcome, Turtle Tuck!

Welcome! Good to have you!

Please tell us where you fall on the most important question of all: Back to the Future or Die Hard

Forum has evolved, it is now Landa vs. Joker!

I think you mean Mel vs. JTT.

Back to the Future
Joker
and I have to admit I don't know who Mel or JTT are. (Mel Gibson? Jonathon Taylor Thomas? ....just kidding)

Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I'm not craving responses for the sake of getting responses but what I was hoping for is feedback and input to get a feeling for what other posters are thinking. I'll take the advice though and just jump in and post and see how it goes.

On an unrelated note, Tinyholidays: What movie is your avatar from? I'm curious. It looks like one of those drunken Eskimos from the first Gammera movie.  ;)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #2924 on: June 24, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
I like you.  :D

(Your avatar is awesome, too.)

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2925 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
Welcome Turtle Tuck

One of my personal highlights in the realm of movies was being able to visit the set of Christopher Nolan's Inception for a day, as well as being able to talk with him over lunch.  As an aspiring filmmaker, this was invaluable and is something I will never forget.  

Welcome RickyShifflit, and I, like many here, am very jealous of your opportunity.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2926 on: June 24, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
My name is Jeff, and I am a student at a Community College just outside of Ithaca NY.
-Jeff

My name is also Jeff and I went to school at Geneseo :)  Same state, different finger lake :)

I love Ithaca, especially this time of year.  (I love in Portland OR now
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #2927 on: June 24, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
I would like to welcome the following to the board.

Andreas, Samos, Chicago At Night, LL Selado, Leto_Atreides, daniel_simz, paolo008, pseudo3D, KaiserSennheiser, nudebuddha, GothamCity151, vandsss, Turtle Tuck, RickyShifflit.

All apologies if they are overdue and again welcome to the forum.
I actually think its easier doing it this way. It's like a 'Class Action' welcome.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #2928 on: June 24, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »
Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I'm not craving responses for the sake of getting responses but what I was hoping for is feedback and input to get a feeling for what other posters are thinking. I'll take the advice though and just jump in and post and see how it goes.

On an unrelated note, Tinyholidays: What movie is your avatar from? I'm curious. It looks like one of those drunken Eskimos from the first Gammera movie.  ;)

It and the line below it are actually from Battleship Potemkin. It was so hilarious, I had to use it as an avatar. This is a recent change.

I meant to say before that I wouldn't be discouraged by no-one responding in the threads you mentioned. They aren't among the most popular on the boards. I know I tend to avoid clicking the Random Screenshots thread because the huge amount of images that load up on there sometimes takes down my browser and is generally annoying to wait to load, even on a fast connection.

My name is Jeff, and I am a student at a Community College just outside of Ithaca NY.  At school, I am currently a communications major, and am taking some video and TV production classes.  Ultimately, I want to somehow be involved with making movies one day, whether it be writing, directing acting or otherwise.

One of my personal highlights in the realm of movies was being able to visit the set of Christopher Nolan's Inception for a day, as well as being able to talk with him over lunch.  As an aspiring filmmaker, this was invaluable and is something I will never forget. 

On somewhat of a lesser note, I worked on the set of SYFY's "Megapiranha" with a number of my friends from school as a part of an independent study for my college.  Even though we were PA's, we can be seen as extras in the movie on occasion.  While the movie itself was rather silly, it was nonetheless a worthwhile learning experience. 

I have listened to filmspotting for a while now, and I recently joined the forum as of a few days ago.  Watching movies is a blast, but for me, it is equally as fun, if not more fun to talk with people about what makes movies so great, or not so great, and everything in between.  This is what I am hoping to accomplish with this forum.

Happy movie watching to all, and I look forward to many thought-provoking discussions! 

-Jeff

Welcome, Jeff! Jump on in.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2929 on: June 25, 2010, 04:38:23 AM »
I would like to welcome the following to the board.

Andreas, Samos, Chicago At Night, LL Selado, Leto_Atreides, daniel_simz, paolo008, pseudo3D, KaiserSennheiser, nudebuddha, GothamCity151, vandsss, Turtle Tuck, RickyShifflit.

All apologies if they are overdue and again welcome to the forum.
I actually think its easier doing it this way. It's like a 'Class Action' welcome.
Beware, Monty may be a lawyer  ;D

love