Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755249 times)

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #870 on: November 14, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »
Hi everyone!

So, I'm Scott, 32, single, living at home (yeah, still...I'm a paper route awway from being Chris Elliott in "Get A Life") and I live in a podunk town 30 miles south of Columbus, Ohio.  I work at a science center ( www.cosi.org how's that for a cheap plug?).   

I've been listening to Filmspotting since...right around Grindhouse, that's when I decided to take more interest in movies.  I've always gone to movies, sure, but generally only 1-2 a year, but this year I decided to change that somewhat.  I believe I have been to 11 films so far this year.  I admit I'm not a real "film geek", just a guy who likes the occasional movie.

Favorite podcasts (besides Filmspotting): Scene Unseen, Inside the Magic, The Spiel, Coverville, The Daily Giz Wiz and about 15 others I subscribe to.

I don't have a Myspace or anything like that...but I do have a dark, dark secret.

I'm a huge fan of disaster movies.  That is probably my favorite genre to watch on a regular basis.  From the Poseidon Adventure, to Deep Impact, to The Day After Tomorrow, even the made for TV movies like 10.5.  I eat that stuff up all day long.

That, and on the most recent AFI Top 100 movies of all time list, I had seen 18 of them :D

Well, I hope I won't get too much hate mail for those last lines :P  Look forward to seeing you all out on the forums...

Woo hoo! Another Scott on the boards! Look out, Alex's- here we come!!

Welcome aboard, Scooter. Enjoy your stay!
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, count every beautiful thing we can see...

www.myspace.com/fightingpickletog
www.boothfilmcritics.org
http://dmbmovieboi.dvdaf.com/owned

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
« Reply #871 on: November 14, 2007, 08:13:56 AM »
And welcome, Graeme, as well!
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, count every beautiful thing we can see...

www.boothfilmcritics.org

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #872 on: November 14, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
Hi everyone!

So, I'm Scott, 32, single, living at home (yeah, still...I'm a paper route awway from being Chris Elliott in "Get A Life") and I live in a podunk town 30 miles south of Columbus, Ohio.  I work at a science center ( www.cosi.org how's that for a cheap plug?).   

I've been listening to Filmspotting since...right around Grindhouse, that's when I decided to take more interest in movies.  I've always gone to movies, sure, but generally only 1-2 a year, but this year I decided to change that somewhat.  I believe I have been to 11 films so far this year.  I admit I'm not a real "film geek", just a guy who likes the occasional movie.

Favorite podcasts (besides Filmspotting): Scene Unseen, Inside the Magic, The Spiel, Coverville, The Daily Giz Wiz and about 15 others I subscribe to.

I don't have a Myspace or anything like that...but I do have a dark, dark secret.

I'm a huge fan of disaster movies.  That is probably my favorite genre to watch on a regular basis.  From the Poseidon Adventure, to Deep Impact, to The Day After Tomorrow, even the made for TV movies like 10.5.  I eat that stuff up all day long.

That, and on the most recent AFI Top 100 movies of all time list, I had seen 18 of them :D

Well, I hope I won't get too much hate mail for those last lines :P  Look forward to seeing you all out on the forums...

Woo hoo! Another Scott on the boards! Look out, Alex's- here we come!!

Welcome aboard, Scooter. Enjoy your stay!

I'm an Alex and a Scott. Wooo?
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #873 on: November 14, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »
Welcome, Graeme!

Welcome, Scott!

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #874 on: November 14, 2007, 02:13:41 PM »
Hi, Graeme... nice to have you joining us.  Tell me, are we automatically classed up now that we've added a new Brit to the roster? ;)

Also, how do you feel about cheese?  (Trust me, somebody was going to ask you, I'm just beating them to the punch.)

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #875 on: November 14, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
Hi guys, just responding to the invite.  I seem to be one of the very few British listeners, but happy to join in whatever is going on around the Filmspotting site.

Welcome! :D
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #876 on: November 14, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »
the cheese question is always important!!! Which reminds me that I haven't posted in the cheese thread recently... hmmmm

:)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

scooterb23

« Reply #877 on: November 14, 2007, 06:33:18 PM »
Poseidon Adventure is great, assuming you mean the original. Welcome!

I own the original, Poseidon, and the 2005 made for TV remake starring the mighty mighty Steve Gutenberg on DVD.  By far my favorite is the original. but I enjoy the others as well.

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
« Reply #878 on: November 16, 2007, 11:42:01 AM »
That version also has Adam Baldwin, who is much cooler than Steve Guttenberg.

I'm an Alex and a Scott. Wooo?

Is your name Alex Scott? Otherwise I'm confused.

www.boothfilmcritics.org

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #879 on: November 16, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »
First name Alex, second name Scott. Though I misspell it Scoot a lot.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love