love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755496 times)

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #980 on: December 21, 2007, 10:06:50 PM »
My friends and I are probably going to watch Dead Alive soon. Right after we watch Army of Darkness.

Hurrah! Enjoy it! :)

cinechic

• cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake
    • DC Shorts Film Festival
« Reply #981 on: December 28, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
Hi guys, I'm Taylor. 20 years old, college student, been listening to Filmspotting since episode 11 - Wow.

Er, about me...I've worked at LUSH cosmetics for two years, but I just left because I got an internship with the DC Film Alliance - color me excited! I'll be helping with all of the events and promotions, as well as helping coordinating - or getting coffee for those coordinating - the DC Short Film Festival. WOW!

I'm getting my degree in Media Studies, with my little "specialty" being Cinema Studies. I just finished a paper on audience theory and reception in Kubrick film - yay film theory. I hope to eventually get my Ph.D in Cinema Studies and teach.

I'm...a virgo? Eh, I don't know. The last movie I saw was I'm Not There and I really enjoyed it, and I'm not much of an abstract type of gal! I just downloaded the soundtrack and I might be developing a Dylan obsession - I'll let you know how it goes.

8)

ryanwtyler

« Reply #982 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »
ryan tyler, 30, atlanta

i love movies.  big fan of coen bros., scorsese, pta, fincher, almodovar, de niro.  i think raging bull is the best performance ever on screen.   i cannot wait one more second for "there will be blood"   i used to like woody allen but not so much anymore.   i still like his earlier stuff, though not as much.  i am very much interested in film acting, despise theater acting in film.  my latest pet peeve is people just gushing about chiwetel ejifor.  i think he lacks the subtelty required of film acting.  and his american accent isn't near as good as most people say it is, elvis mitchell in particular.  i'm just ramblin here.  my biggest wish is for de niro to get back his mojo by acting in another scorsese movie.  cheers

ryanwtyler

« Reply #983 on: December 28, 2007, 12:05:01 PM »
my queue

Priority Move to Top Movie Title Star Rating MPAA Genre Availability Remove

Nil by Mouth
 R Drama Now 

The Proposition
 R Drama Now 

Paris, Je T'aime
 R Foreign Now 

Inland Empire
 R Independent Now 

Metropolitan
 PG-13 Comedy Now 

Interview
 R Independent Now 

Interview with the Assassin
 R Drama Now 

The Killing
 UR Classics Now 

Following
 NR Thrillers Now 

Le Cercle Rouge
 UR Foreign Now 

Peeping Tom
 UR Horror Now 

The Tenant
 R Thrillers Now 

Dot the I
 R Thrillers Now 

The Postman Always Rings Twice
 R Thrillers Now 

Blind Beast
 NR Foreign Now 

Cat People
 R Horror Now 

42 Up
 NR Documentary Now 

49 Up
 NR Documentary Now 

The TV Set
 R Comedy Now 

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #984 on: December 28, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »
I take it from your avatar that you are a runner.  Now are you the one with your hands up in celebration or the one with your hands on your head about to have an aneurysm?

and welcome taylor.  and yes, yay film theory.  I just finished a film theory class last semester as well.

ryanwtyler

« Reply #985 on: December 28, 2007, 12:27:51 PM »
I take it from your avatar that you are a runner.  Now are you the one with your hands up in celebration or the one with your hands on your head about to have an aneurysm?

and welcome taylor.  and yes, yay film theory.  I just finished a film theory class last semester as well.

ha!  hands up.  thats me.  that was the inaugural ing georgia marathon.  very dificult to say the least.  no more marathons for this guy

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #986 on: December 28, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
Hey, welcome both of you!  ;D

Taylor, I think I'm developing a Dylan obsession as well.  I'm very late in discovering Dylan.  I'm 18 now, and up until a couple of months ago, I didn't own a single Dylan album.   :-[  But that's all corrected now!  ;D
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #987 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
Welcome, Taylor and Ryan! Way to go getting that internship, Taylor - sounds so great!

And a marathon, Ryan?! Nice!!
Do you not like Ejifor in anything or just when he does an American accent? I thought he was brilliant in Dirty Pretty Things.

ryanwtyler

« Reply #988 on: December 28, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »
Welcome, Taylor and Ryan! Way to go getting that internship, Taylor - sounds so great!

And a marathon, Ryan?! Nice!!
Do you not like Ejifor in anything or just when he does an American accent? I thought he was brilliant in Dirty Pretty Things.

i dont like him when he acts as if hes in a theater production, with a lack of subtelty.  sometimes he is great.  and in some situations that type of acting is called for, though not often.  maybe i am overstating this as this is a real pet peeve of mine and i probably notice it more acutely when i think that someone is doing it.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #989 on: December 28, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »
I'm getting my degree in Media Studies, with my little "specialty" being Cinema Studies. I just finished a paper on audience theory and reception in Kubrick film - yay film theory. I hope to eventually get my Ph.D in Cinema Studies and teach.
Any aspirations for your grad school destination?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com