love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755491 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »
Hi all,

I'm Vicki and I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now.  I'm 24 years old, born and raised in Hoboken, NJ, birthplace of Frank Sinatra, baseball, and Joey "Pants" Pantaliano (we're particularly proud of Joey Pants).  Right now, I'm attending a local university and someday I may even graduate, although I would probably have to stop changing my major for that to happen (right now, it's Writing).  Anyway, I look forward to having some fun discussing the podcast and everything else with all of you, but right now, I have to stop procrastinating and actually go to class.

Vicki :)

Happy one-year anniversary, Vicki!!!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
Happy one-year anniversary, Vicki!!!

pixote

Wherever you are . . .  :'(

pehuskey

• Immortalized: Momma's favorite little lolligagger
« Reply #1162 on: February 09, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »
Hello all.

I am an old member, but I haven't been on here in a long time.  They have really fixed the place up.  A full time job running a sign company, a new baby girl and a return to school will eat up a lot of your internet forum time.

I, like everyone else, love Filmspotting.  I've actually been listening since episode 3.  Back in those days the production value of this podcast was unheard of.  It made the show a stand out and easy to listen to. Besides that, I have always enjoyed the way Adam & Sam and now Adam & Matty approach the films from a fans perspective.  Many critics take a too lofty, snobbish approach to reviewing films.  While they are not scared to say that something is bad, they are equally not scared to say they enjoyed something even if it was silly or not perfect.

Anyway, I should be on here some more since I am finished with school.  I hope I can add something to some discussions.
You don't want to sound like a couple of fanboy boobs.

Fight apathy, or don't, whatever

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1163 on: February 09, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »
Hi pehuskey!

Besides that, I have always enjoyed the way Adam & Sam and now Adam & Matty approach the films from a fans perspective.  Many critics take a too lofty, snobbish approach to reviewing films.  While they are not scared to say that something is bad, they are equally not scared to say they enjoyed something even if it was silly or not perfect.

Very well put!

Anyway, I should be on here some more since I am finished with school.  I hope I can add something to some discussions.

Looking forward to hearing more from you - when does school finish?

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1164 on: February 09, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »
Welcome pehuskey!!!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #1165 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »
Welcome!
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Aaron

« Reply #1166 on: February 11, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Hola and welcome

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1167 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
Nice avatar, RSCDoug.  Welcome to the forums!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1168 on: February 20, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
Hello all.

I am an old member, but I haven't been on here in a long time.  They have really fixed the place up.  A full time job running a sign company, a new baby girl and a return to school will eat up a lot of your internet forum time.

I, like everyone else, love Filmspotting.  I've actually been listening since episode 3.  Back in those days the production value of this podcast was unheard of.  It made the show a stand out and easy to listen to. Besides that, I have always enjoyed the way Adam & Sam and now Adam & Matty approach the films from a fans perspective.  Many critics take a too lofty, snobbish approach to reviewing films.  While they are not scared to say that something is bad, they are equally not scared to say they enjoyed something even if it was silly or not perfect.

Welcome pehuskey - you'll need to steer clear of the resident pervs and hustlers in this place - they are a bad influence... ;D 
  Just follow my lead and you'll do fine.

Alright...now who stole my rubber gloves and vasoline?
Hey, nice marmot!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1169 on: February 20, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
Nice avatar, RSCDoug.  Welcome to the forums!

pixote

Yes, I second this welcome! I've appreciated your input to the Hitchcock marathon discussions, RSCDoug.

love