love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755311 times)

lise

• Elite Member
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #1170 on: February 20, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
marty you do realize that when I snarf my coffee while looking at the computer I have to explain myself to the people around me don't you?
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1171 on: February 20, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »
lise - I'm counting on it...
Hey, nice marmot!

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1172 on: February 21, 2008, 06:52:17 AM »
Hey guys...since I'm new it took a few posts before I ended up in here...I found FS about a month ago, and the boards this week and I'm having a blast...

Colleen, where outside of Vineland did you go to High School?  If students came from all over south Jersey I'm guess it was Our Lady of Mercy or something?  I went to Buena...I couldn't move anywhere there wasn't a WaWa or Tasty Kakes...

Pixote, thanks for the avatar comp...The Jerk is one of my favs..

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:56:11 AM by RSCDoug »

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1173 on: February 21, 2008, 06:59:48 AM »

Yes, I second this welcome! I've appreciated your input to the Hitchcock marathon discussions, RSCDoug.

Thanks...I've always enjoyed Hitch, you can bet I'll have more to say about some of his others movies too.....Thanks for the welcome..

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1174 on: February 21, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »
Hey guys...since I'm new it took a few posts before I ended up in here...I found FS about a month ago, and the boards this week and I'm having a blast...

Colleen, where outside of Vineland did you go to High School?  If students came from all over south Jersey I'm guess it was Our Lady of Mercy or something?  I went to Buena...I couldn't move anywhere there wasn't a WaWa or Tasty Kakes...

Hiya, welcome to the boards?  Should we call you RSC or Doug or do you prefer your full name?

Yep I was a Villa girl.  Class of '84.  We probably know some of the same people from somewhere along the way, though I went to U of Delaware and then moved down to GA in 1988...OMG it will be 20 years this summer...never thought I'd be here that long...

Anyways, I sure do miss Wawa.  I occasionally find Tastykakes at the Kroger or Publix down here but not in the glorious array of flavors they have back home.  I usually bring a bag of them back with me when I go back for visits!

So where are you now and what do you do?

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1175 on: February 21, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »
You can call me Doug....I've been using this screenname since college RSC= Richard Stockton College...Silly I know, but it's easy to remember...

Actually, I currenty live less than a mile from the Villa...

I work in a middle/high school as an instructional technology coordinator...Which translates into getting to play with computers all day and making sure the teachers don't blow anything up...I also do a bit of freelance Outdoor writing for a newspaper and NJ fishing magazine...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:11:07 AM by RSCDoug »

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #1176 on: February 21, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
You can call me Doug....I've been using this screenname since college RSC= Richard Stockton College...Silly I know, but it's easy to remember...

Actually, I currenty live less than a mile from the Villa...

I work in a middle/high school as an instructional technology coordinator...Which translates into getting to play with computers all day and making sure the teachers don't blow anything up...I also do a bit of freelance Outdoor writing for a newspaper and NJ fishing magazine...
Oh, a Stockton man eh? A quarter of my high school went to Stockton. My sister lives down in Mullica Twp/Hammonton. Welcome to the boards.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Aaron

« Reply #1177 on: February 21, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »

Pixote, thanks for the avatar comp...The Jerk is one of my favs..

Hola,
I am from Seattle and currently I am having a difficult time finding films in the theater that I want to see.

What are some of your other favorite films?  Just look at my avatar to find out one of mine

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1178 on: February 21, 2008, 07:33:30 PM »

Hola,
I am from Seattle and currently I am having a difficult time finding films in the theater that I want to see.

What are some of your other favorite films?  Just look at my avatar to find out one of mine

My avatar wil show you one of mine as well...It's hard for me to narrow down a list, but here's 5 in no particular order and not necessarily representing my all time top 5:

North by Northwest
Shawkshank
Truman Show
Big Lebowski
Shaun of the Dead

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1179 on: February 21, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »
Oh, a Stockton man eh? A quarter of my high school went to Stockton. My sister lives down in Mullica Twp/Hammonton. Welcome to the boards.

Yeah, a Stockton man...liked it so much for my BA went back for my MA...Mostly cause the fishing on the campus lake was awesome...

And, I'm a Birds fan too...maybe they can actually get some help this off season...