love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755303 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #1180 on: February 21, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »
Hi guys,

My name is Blake. I work at Eastern Nazarene College in Boston, MA. I'm a huge movie nerd, I have a vast collection of DVDs and run a "Cinefile Club" that meets at my apartment to view essential films and the like. I don't enjoy long windy walks on the beach; however, I do enjoy biking (I've biked long distance treks in USA, Italy, and Honduras), I also enjoy photography, guitar/songwriting, volunteer work, social justice activities, reading (David James Duncan's The River Why being my current favorite), cooking, and being a coffee connoisseur .

I really enjoy Filmspotting and appreciate it's refreshingly intelligent and objective (for the most part, I'm looking at you Matty) take on cinema. I've been listening for over 4 months now, but I figured I'd hop onto the boards to get further involved with the community. Nice to meet you all.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:04:27 PM by Solid Blake »

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #1181 on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
Hi guys,

My name is Blake. I work at Eastern Nazarene College in Boston, MA. I'm a huge movie nerd, I have a vast collection of DVDs and run a "Cinefile Club" that meets at my apartment to view essential films and the like. I don't enjoy long windy walks on the beach; however, I do enjoy biking (I've biked long distance treks in USA, Italy, and Honduras), I also enjoy guitar/songwriting, volunteer work, social justice activities, reading (David James Duncan's The River Why being my current favorite), cooking, and being a coffee connoisseur .

I really enjoy Filmspotting and appreciate it's refreshingly intelligent and objective (for the most part, I'm looking at you Matty) take on cinema. I've been listening for over 4 months now, but I figured I'd hop onto the boards to get further involved with the community. Nice to meet you all.

Cheers!

welcome. looks like you and i have very much in common!
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #1182 on: February 21, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »
Hi guys,

My name is Blake. I work at Eastern Nazarene College in Boston, MA. I'm a huge movie nerd, I have a vast collection of DVDs and run a "Cinefile Club" that meets at my apartment to view essential films and the like. I don't enjoy long windy walks on the beach; however, I do enjoy biking (I've biked long distance treks in USA, Italy, and Honduras), I also enjoy photography, guitar/songwriting, volunteer work, social justice activities, reading (David James Duncan's The River Why being my current favorite), cooking, and being a coffee connoisseur .

Cheers!
Welcome again.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1183 on: February 21, 2008, 09:44:34 PM »
Hiya, Blake! Welcome aboard.  :)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1184 on: February 22, 2008, 06:33:54 AM »
Hi Blake!  Welcome!

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1185 on: February 22, 2008, 08:03:19 AM »
Hey Blake! Welcome!
Hey, nice marmot!

RSCDoug

• South Jersey Outdoors
« Reply #1186 on: February 22, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

Hi guys,

(David James Duncan's The River Why being my current favorite)

Blake, I loved the River Why....just read it for the first time in November...got it from the library on a recommendation, and had to buy myself a copy before I finished it, a must have on every outdoor enthusiasts bookshelf...

Oh, and welcome...from one newbie to another...

Chili

« Reply #1187 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:11 AM »
Hey everyone! I figure this is the best place for my first post. I've been listening to the podcast for about a year now and finally decided to join the board.
It goes without saying that I love movies. Well, I guess it doesn't since I just said it. I also love art and architecture and just about any type of music except for country music post-1970.
I live in Charleston, SC and am an intern architect getting ready to head to grad school in August.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #1188 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:50 AM »
welcome! looks like we are getting lots of new recruits!
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #1189 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »

Oh, and welcome...from one newbie to another...

this is so cute :)

welcome all! 
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)