love

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!  (Read 755273 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: Introduce Yourself: Newcomers and Lurkers, We Mean You!
« Reply #1220 on: March 02, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »
Welcome Robert - I am curently reading Jonathan Strange And Mr. Norrel. It's my bedside book and I have been working on it for a while. I find the pacing leisurely and quite suited for on-again off-again reading schedule...

Robert - we post quite often and really have no lives (spending all of waking moments in here) and we are all friendly...

Watch out for alex - he bites.
Hey, nice marmot!

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1221 on: March 02, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »

and we're pretty sure he has rabies.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1222 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »

Ahhh...that would account for the slobber.
Texan Down Under

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1223 on: March 02, 2008, 10:53:06 PM »
Hi Robert!
Great intro - welcome, indeed, to the boards! How about a couple of favorite films, favorite directors?

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1224 on: March 03, 2008, 12:07:03 AM »
Welcome to the boards... aside from basil's recommendations I always find the top 5 list thread fun!

I just thought he just had awkward table manners...
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Aaron

« Reply #1225 on: March 03, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
Hola, Robert

In many ways I enjoy posting and finding out more about people than the show itself.

Nice to have you here

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #1226 on: March 03, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
Welcome to the boards... aside from basil's recommendations I always find the top 5 list thread fun!
I just thought he just had awkward table manners...
This is what happens when I don't watch my back.  People talk about me behind it.

RDuffin2911

• Montage
« Reply #1227 on: March 03, 2008, 05:39:16 PM »
I'm sure it's all only partially true  ;), thanks for the welcome folks.

Favourite films? Don't we all have too many? I think, hands down all time favourite, might just be Rear Window. So obviously Hitchcock is on the directors list, and I'll always park my butt down for Lynch, Ken Loach, Almodovar (sooo looking forward to the marathon), Sergio Leone, Wilder...the list goes on!

FreddyC

« Reply #1228 on: March 03, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Freddy. I finally decided to join the discussion groups after hearing so much about them. I am a longtime fan and have been listening to the show without missing a single episode since Cinecast #30 or so. Add me up to the list of fans who hated Sam's departure but are now embracing Matty as the new co-host. I live in Atlanta, with my wife and two kids. We've been here for the last seven years, but we are originally from Paraguay. Work and family take most of our time but my wife and I enjoy watching a couple of movies on weekends. I am not, by any means, a movie geek, film expert or anything like that, but over the last few years I have grown tired of Hollywood blockbusters and mainstream movies. I am pretty sure many of you share the feeling, it is not that I can't watch any Hollywood film, it's just that most of them are not worth the time. For the few that are and for other independent and foreign films, Filmspotting has helped me by providing great suggestions. Adam, Sam and now Matty have also made me see movies in a different way, through their comments and opinions, as well as listeners via their feedback. Of my favorite films, there are too many to mention, but I can recall at least a few from a long list that I owe to Filmspotting: Grave of the Fireflies, Oldboy, Strangers on a Train, Rio Bravo among others. And by the way, I am really looking forward to Almodovar's marathon.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1229 on: March 03, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
Welcome Freddy!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

love