Author Topic: Filmspotters Top Animated Features, 2010  (Read 117042 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Filmspotters Top Animated Features, 2010
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
Your ballot can consist of up to 50 films in a ranked order, each movie gets awarded a point for their place on the ballot. Your first film gets 50, your second film 49, and so forth. If you submit a list of less than 50 films then the scores will be adjusted accordingly. The films must be feature length, at least 45 minutes or longer, sorry, no shorts. :( My PM box will take entries from now until the last day of this month, June, so just PM me your ballot and then feel free to post your ballot in here so we can talk about it. I think that covers it all, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.  :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:24:37 PM by pixote »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Filmspotters Top Animated Features
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »
Hercules will have at least 20 points. Not because it's the best animated film ever, but because I'd put it on there since it wouldn't make anyone else's Top 20.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
I think its a good idea Bill, if you are willing to organize it.  It would be interesting to see Disney, Pixar, and Gibli all matched up against one another.  Does stop motion count as animation? 

Also I strongly urge you to use a modified point down system.  For example my first choice should be 30 points and my twentieth choice should be 10 points.  Otherwise the list is very heavely weighted towards the top few pics, and if one person puts Hercules as their #1, it will end up on the list  ;D

We should also do another top directors and top movies this year, and compare it to last years.  This website helped me discover so much wonderful cinema, that I am constantly altering my top movie/director list.  This time last year I watched NOTHING by Orson Welles, Wong Kar Wai, or Wilder. 

I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
We should also do another top directors and top movies this year, and compare it to last years.  This website helped me discover so much wonderful cinema, that I am constantly altering my top movie/director list.  This time last year I watched NOTHING by Orson Welles, Wong Kar Wai, or Wilder. 
While I agree this would be interesting, I actually think it would change less than you believe. The 100 through 50 might be radically different, and there might be some reshuffling of places, but it'd mostly be the same names on the list again.

I'd be more interested in doing a list of writers (film and print), actors, characters, something along those lines.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
I think its a good idea Bill, if you are willing to organize it.  It would be interesting to see Disney, Pixar, and Gibli all matched up against one another.  Does stop motion count as animation? 

Also I strongly urge you to use a modified point down system.  For example my first choice should be 30 points and my twentieth choice should be 10 points.  Otherwise the list is very heavely weighted towards the top few pics, and if one person puts Hercules as their #1, it will end up on the list  ;D

Great idea about the point system, and yeah, I am more than willing to organize it. I'm just looking for as much input as possible before I start in on it to make sure that it ends up, um, well done for lack of better phrasing. Also, for people who would participate, say so in this thread so I can get a feel for whether there would be enough participation to even give this more than a cursory thought.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
Great idea about the point system, and yeah, I am more than willing to organize it. I'm just looking for as much input as possible before I start in on it to make sure that it ends up, um, well done for lack of better phrasing. Also, for people who would participate, say so in this thread so I can get a feel for whether there would be enough participation to even give this more than a cursory thought.

There are alot of different animation polls that have been done on this site, just search for post titles with the word "animation" in them, might be a good place to start.  Revive some polls, or better yet start new ones, you could lay the groundwork and advertise your effort using polls like that.  I would be willing to participate.

While I agree this would be interesting, I actually think it would change less than you believe. The 100 through 50 might be radically different, and there might be some reshuffling of places, but it'd mostly be the same names on the list again.

I'd be more interested in doing a list of writers (film and print), actors, characters, something along those lines.

Well, reshuffling is what these lists are all about.  I am sure a few new names will pop up, and a few old ones will drop off.  Also, there are some new films/directors that people may feel belong on the list.  Mostly, it would be a great census of the filmspotting community, and where it is going.

I agree about acting/writing lists, by all means we should do all of them.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

duder

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »
Lotte Reiniger FTW!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 10:30:53 PM »
I'd be in!

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »
Lotte Reiniger FTW!

I need to watch this + that one Russian dude + those other people.

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
Is this happening?
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.