Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 21843 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Netflix
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Oh, hmm...I don't have Blu-Ray access on my account, so I can't check to see what it does for me. What does it say under availability in your queue? Or is it just adding the wrong version (I'm not sure how the DVD / Blu-Ray distinction is made in-queue)?

OK, I am still a bit confused but it's much clearer when I add in your info.  I'll check with netflix about blu-ray access etc.  Thanks, I feel closer to a solution because of your input.
Texan Down Under

sdedalus

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 03:35:07 AM »
I'm officially putting my Netflix on hold for the summer (when this payment period ends). This summer will be devoted entirely to catching up on series. Need to get caught up on In Treatment, Damages, Reaper and Gossip Girl, and am planning on checking out True Blood and Fringe as far as new series go. Any other suggestions?

Friday Night Lights, Mad Men?
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »
Are you only looking for new series, or series in general?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 11:06:29 PM »
Piggybacking onto this thread for lack of a better location for this Netflix-related complaing, but is anyone else constantly irked that Netflix does not allow sorting of ratings by release year? I have 2500 ratings at this point and as often as not, the way I'd like to sort them is by release year (such as when going back and figuring out what all I watched last year) and it just isn't feasible. They have the release year right there next to the title, why can't they just separate it out and allow searching.

I've contacted them twice mentioning that this would be a very nice feature but never heard anything...now they don't have much in the way of a feedback form (getting too big to care?) I love what Netflix has allowed my film addiction to become, but this tiny thing just seems so easy a change for a great payoff.

Anyone else?

dheaton

• Public Transportation Snob
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »
Yeah.  They really limit the ability to sort out the ratings.  Sorting by year would be great, and I'd also like an easy way to historically see all my ratings, not just for rented movies.   

I'm still a really big fan of Netflix and can't see myself watching a lot of movies online or on an Ipod, so it's still the easiest way (supplemented by the library) to see new and old releases.
My Film and TV Blog - ptsnob.com
Letterboxd Profile - ptsnob

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
doesnt get much worse than watching 90 minutes of a movie then coming onto a scratch that makes the thing unwatchable. Guess Ill see how this Miyazaki movie that I was really enjoying ends on Friday  :-\

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:39 AM »
Yea, I had that happen to Camera Buff, and it was the replacement disk!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 09:44:47 PM »
Is it just me, or does anything from Starz on netflix instant always have the worst quality?

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
Everything from Starz seems to be in 4:3. That alone annoys me.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »
O yea, I totally didn't notice that.  :-[

love