Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 45611 times)

Variable

• Stroke Me Lady Fame
Re: Netflix
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
I have streamed lots and lots of movies on netflix, I think because I'm more willing to see a movie I care a little less about when I can get at it instantly rather than taking up a dvd slot with it... plus they have some great stuff available.

I'm streaming on an xbox360, wirelessly on a different floor, and I get no issues whatsoever. no slowdown, complete smoothness, everything looks at worst decent and at best very good.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
I watch it on the tivo fairly often.  Movies have been fine.  Friday Night Lights can get really blotchy at times.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »
Anybody taking advantage of "Watch Instantly" feature?

Does this happen to anyone watching Watch Instantly on an XBox/Tivo/Roku/other piece of hardware? Does this happen to anyone watching from their laptop or computer?
50% of the stuff I see on netflix is from the Watch Instantly feature. We have a Roku in the living room that gets used a ton. I swear that thing is in use half the day.
What's your experience with the Roku like? Picture quality? Stalling? Smooth or stuttery movement?
We have an internet connection that fluctuates from awesome to sucky so it just depends. Generally though if it loads it the quality is generally just as good as DVD. It can also stream HD which looks just as good as broadcasted HD.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
Why does Netflix put Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my Saved DVDs queue instead of adding it to my queue?  Is it because of too much demand? 
Texan Down Under

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
Why does Netflix put Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my Saved DVDs queue instead of adding it to my queue?  Is it because of too much demand? 

For some reason I'm seeing the first result for the movie as being unreleased (except on Blu-Ray). The second result is a three-disc edition that contains the theatrical, special edition, and directors cuts (I didn't know there were three!). So you probably should add just the disc from that second result for the version you want.

tjwells

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »
I'm officially putting my Netflix on hold for the summer (when this payment period ends). This summer will be devoted entirely to catching up on series. Need to get caught up on In Treatment, Damages, Reaper and Gossip Girl, and am planning on checking out True Blood and Fringe as far as new series go. Any other suggestions?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Moral Orel, The Suite Life On Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »
I'm officially putting my Netflix on hold for the summer (when this payment period ends). This summer will be devoted entirely to catching up on series. Need to get caught up on In Treatment, Damages, Reaper and Gossip Girl, and am planning on checking out True Blood and Fringe as far as new series go. Any other suggestions?

Avoid True Blood, it is terrible, utterly terrible. The animated nut in my highly recommends Batman: The Brave And the Bold, a fantastic series through and through. I'd also say to check out Castle, it's a lot of fun, but as far as new shows that will still be around that's it.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

For some reason I'm seeing the first result for the movie as being unreleased (except on Blu-Ray). The second result is a three-disc edition that contains the theatrical, special edition, and directors cuts (I didn't know there were three!). So you probably should add just the disc from that second result for the version you want.

Thank you for the answer, but...

I have blu-ray; but when I clicked that selection, it was added to Saved DVDs.  I'd like to watch it in blu-ray and it's currently available for purchase elsewhere, just not being added to my queue at netflix.
Texan Down Under

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
Oh, hmm...I don't have Blu-Ray access on my account, so I can't check to see what it does for me. What does it say under availability in your queue? Or is it just adding the wrong version (I'm not sure how the DVD / Blu-Ray distinction is made in-queue)?

love