17 (23%)
31-40
11 (14.9%)
41-50
7 (9.5%)
51+
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: How old are you, anyway?  (Read 32304 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: How old are you, anyway?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
29, gonna be 30 in less than 3 months, goodbye my 20's   :(

The smartest people I know are in their 30s, whatever that's worth.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »
I'm 20.

19 until the 10th of August.

In the future, all of our disagreement shall be settled with, "Listen to your elder, child!". Then I'll run away giggling.

I shan't accept that, also there's no reason to include a concert film as a spectacle film but accept the use of 3-D, potentially, in a film like Transformers 3 or something, that's nothing more than a spectacle as well, or the use or stereophonic sound in Fantasia, that's just a spectacle too.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
I've been 17 for more than seven years now.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »
I'm 20.

In the future, all of our disagreement shall be settled with, "Listen to your elder, child!". Then I'll run away giggling.

I shan't accept that, also there's no reason to include a concert film as a spectacle film but accept the use of 3-D, potentially, in a film like Transformers 3 or something, that's nothing more than a spectacle as well, or the use or stereophonic sound in Fantasia, that's just a spectacle too.

I don't know why this is here, but the use of stereophonic sound in Fantasia is not for spectacle. It was to add to the immersive experience of the production, just like surround sound is used in all movies today. Or is surround also just spectacle?
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
I'm 20.

I don't know why this is here, but the use of stereophonic sound in Fantasia is not for spectacle. It was to add to the immersive experience of the production, just like surround sound is used in all movies today. Or is surround also just spectacle?

This has been picked up in another thread. I'll respond to it in depth there.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
25, looks 17.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 08:51:58 PM »
I'm 19 (until August 10th), looks 30ish, maybe 27.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 09:35:02 PM »
And I think Junior and that crowd is considered Gen Z. Can anybody confirm that?

I think they're going with Millennials, or more pointedly, the 'Me' generation.
So the 70s was the "Me Decade" and they are the "Me Generation"? That's so confusing. Or were the 80s the "Me Decade"?

70's: Me
80's: of Excess
Gen Y = Millennials = Echo Boom (kinda)
See, but I thought they were making a distinction between the Gen Ys and the kids that are in their late teens/early twenties now. (Junior, the rat)

nah gen X ended in the late 70s Y was born between 80 & the new millennium (seen definitions from 80-95, 95-200 ect.) Post kids from 1-9 i don;t think have been named yet - i guess they is Post Millennials?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
And I think Junior and that crowd is considered Gen Z. Can anybody confirm that?

So the 70s was the "Me Decade" and they are the "Me Generation"? That's so confusing. Or were the 80s the "Me Decade"?

See, but I thought they were making a distinction between the Gen Ys and the kids that are in their late teens/early twenties now. (Junior, the rat)

nah gen X ended in the late 70s Y was born between 80 & the new millennium (seen definitions from 80-95, 95-200 ect.) Post kids from 1-9 i don;t think have been named yet - i guess they is Post Millennials?

They're known as the Miley Cyrus generation, I think.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:37:32 PM »

They're known as the Miley Cyrus generation, I think.

and you desperately want to be 10 years younger.