love

Author Topic: what are you not doing?  (Read 114817 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: what are you not doing?
« Reply #850 on: January 18, 2013, 03:14:31 AM »
Using my computer (much), reading, watching movies or generally doing anything that requires my eyes to focus on stuff. In other words, I'm terribly bored and my ears are sore from wearing headphones and listening to audiobooks and podcasts. Hopefully I can be back to normal eye workload in a few days.

In related answering of the question, wearing eyeglasses.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #851 on: January 18, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
Using my computer (much), reading, watching movies or generally doing anything that requires my eyes to focus on stuff. In other words, I'm terribly bored and my ears are sore from wearing headphones and listening to audiobooks and podcasts. Hopefully I can be back to normal eye workload in a few days.

coming into the florecent nightmare of an office after the weekend was pretty awful for me... though droping into the hot white blaze of Target on that sunday was definitely a mistake.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #852 on: January 18, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
Bondo! I had forgotten to wish you well on your procedure. Glad it all worked out. Rest well.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #853 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »

coming into the florecent nightmare of an office after the weekend was pretty awful for me... though droping into the hot white blaze of Target on that sunday was definitely a mistake.

Oh, I did see Tron: Legacy in 3D IMAX WITHOUT two layers of glasses less than 2 weeks later... so that was awesome!

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #854 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »
It's like they say, keep your friends close but your non-prescription sunglasses closer.

Looking forward (sort of) to trying the 3D thing out without the second layer of distortion.

I had my one day follow-up. Right eye is basically 20/20 but left is lagging slightly at 20/25 or 20/30, but I guess these things fluctuate a bit early on and settle in. Am having haloing around lights at night so hopefully that goes away before too long. Otherwise no problems.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:32:19 PM by Bondo »

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
I'm not watching the series finale of Fringe because I worked late and the lady is in bed already.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #856 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »
This is pretty great - Chuck Klosterman and Malcom Gladwell discussing T'eoIts almost surely a fake.
What, no mention of the beard theory?
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #857 on: January 24, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #858 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
Enjoying this balmy -37C degree morning outdoors.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
Windchill when I left work this morning was -45°F/-42°C. If that groundhog doesn't predict an early spring this weekend, I hope he freezes to death.

love