Author Topic: what are you not doing?  (Read 114828 times)

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
Re: what are you not doing?
« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »
At Work! I'm off ill today.

Last night I couldn't sleep, anyway this morning I woke up with terrible guts ache and have been suffering with it all day :( I blame my Dad, I had one of his curries for dinner last night.

By the way, the cat's asleep :)

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2015, 04:49:34 PM »
Monty! You feeling better? I hope it wasn't your dad's curry, cause having a dad that makes you curry is something really great!

Hope you're okay.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
Monty! You feeling better? I hope it wasn't your dad's curry, cause having a dad that makes you curry is something really great!

Hope you're okay.

Yep! It was definitely the curry and I've told him so ;D Honestly, I don't know what it was, but I felt lousy this morning. In the past I did suffer from a bit of IBS and spicy, hot foods can set it off, but I haven't suffered from anything IBS related for ages/years.

Anyway I put today to good use, I've watched about 4-5 episodes of The West Wing, The latest episodes of Fargo, The Leftovers and a really good nature documentary about the wildlife, animals and birds that live in Loch Lomond, Scotland.

I'm feeling a lot better now and will be back at work tomorrow :(

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
You tell your dad, he can make curry for me anytime! :D

I told Junior this and I'll tell you quietly too. I've never seen an episode of The West Wing.  :-[

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you had an enjoyable day, making the best of things. :)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2015, 03:09:53 AM »
Gymnastics, mental or otherwise.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
Gymnastics, mental or otherwise.

Same, I feel like I should be doing something, endeavoring to not do anything more than enjoy the day.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
Sadly, going out for new years tonight. My car was broken into last night while I was seeing The Hateful Eight and I really don't want to drive around without a window. :-\

sdb_1970

• Elite Member
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Watching Anomolisa or 45 Years, and thus, finalizing my top 10 of 2015, since (as I am noticing from letterboxd) I do not live in NY, LA, or the rest of the non-US western world ... Thanks, once again, Weinstein bros, for your Oscar-bait-screen-maximizing, "roll-out" marketing BS!
letterboxd

[insert pithy expression of false modesty here]

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
I'd put Carol in that mix of the big films of the year that aren't possibilities for my 2015 list. I've become more comfortable in having my yearly lists reflect what released in Fargo during the year, not letting the tyranny of NY/LA decide my years. Of course, there's plenty of things (Spotlight) that opened here that I just didn't get around to watching before they vanished from the theatres.

sdb_1970

• Elite Member
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
Of course, there's plenty of things (Spotlight) that opened here that I just didn't get around to watching before they vanished from the theatres.

Part of the problem here (in the theaters here that show arthouse and foreign stuff) is that the primo Oscar bait takes up space for way too long (e.g., in our location, Room, The Danish Girl), leaving no space for other stuff.  (e.g., Relatively speaking, is Anomalisa really in contention for a best animated feature Oscar?  Is Charlotte Rampling really in contention for a best actress Oscar?)  What bothers me is when big-wigs in the Hollywood industry invariably scoff at and deny that the Oscars are little more than a popularity contest hinging on the most current buzz.  If that's not the case (and considering the general population does not vote for Oscars), then why do so many theatrical release dates for higher quality domestic films tend to get more and more bunched up in late November, December, and January (keeping in mind that Oscar nomination voting takes place between 12/31/2015 and 1/8/2016)?

The same crap happened in 2013, when my favorite film (Her) was the last to be released (1/8 here).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:06:38 PM by sdb_1970 »
letterboxd

[insert pithy expression of false modesty here]