Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 339396 times)

Kilroy'sCarnival

« on: August 16, 2006, 03:19:21 PM »
No inspirations so far. Will have to think.

Alex, how about planning some sort of prize/surprise for the 2000th message board member? Just noticed we're at 1848 now. (Wow.)

Do you get to zap the board spammers?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:34:23 PM by alexarch »

alexarch

• Godfather
Re: Avatar Questions and answers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »
Quote from: "Kilroy'sCarnival"

Alex, how about planning some sort of prize/surprise for the 2000th message board member? Just noticed we're at 1848 now. (Wow.)

I'll ask the boys.  I don't know if they will.

Quote from: "Kilroy'sCarnival"
Do you get to zap the board spammers?

I get to delete posts, but I'm not sure I get to kick members.  Please, if you see a spam message, alert me or Adam, and one of us will get rid of it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your avatar.  I split your question out because hopefully there will be other questions that I can answer.  So, when you do submit, just post in the other thread again.

And if anyone's curious, I really like what I've seen so far.  Wowser, I think your avatar has personality.  I would just really like to see avatars.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:24:42 AM »
Great suggestion on the 2000th board member, but I just noticed something.  We get new registrants every moment, and most all of them are spammers.  You can tell if you click on the "lastest registrant" at the bottom of the page and then click on their homepage URL.  The last 4 "new registrants" have been spammers.

So we might have a lot fewer real board members than 2000.

Kilroy'sCarnival

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 08:03:29 AM »
Quote from: "alexarch"
Great suggestion on the 2000th board member, but I just noticed something.  We get new registrants every moment, and most all of them are spammers.  You can tell if you click on the "lastest registrant" at the bottom of the page and then click on their homepage URL.  The last 4 "new registrants" have been spammers.

So we might have a lot fewer real board members than 2000.

Argh, never thought of that. Good point.

Okay, yesterday I did make a rather silly avatar... then when I uploaded it it was way too small to see. Will have to try again. I'm new to this 80 pixel world.  If I were clever enough to do the sequences like Katebo, I suppose I would. :)

Wowser

• Elite Member
Wowser spouting off about bergs and other British insanity
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »
Saltine's avatr is beautiful! I have noticed a strong antipodean vibe to the forum of late

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »
It looking like the contest is starting to shape up as Team Animal v. Team Movie Quote.

But for mayhem's sake, please don't let that limit your submission!  That's a comment not a suggestion.  In fact, let that comment spur you on to step outside of it just to prove me wrong.  Defy it!

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 04:45:09 PM »
Yeah, we don't to give away a free DVD to some berk flogging 'free degrees' and what have you.

We should launch a spin-off podcast: Filmspottingforumcast

Kilroy'sCarnival

An attempt...
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »
Okay, my first try with this. Since I suggested the "Duvall Scale" of posting prominence, I thought I'd mirror that in images. It's probably impossible to read the text but it's the character names.

Not that I'm obsessed with Robert Duvall or anything, but I did kind of feel he got slighted in the Cinecast #100 lists a bit.  -- Ann

Wowser

• Elite Member
Wowser spouting off about bergs and other British insanity
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
The crag-ometer? Nice bit of work, there.

I was going to do a Steve Martin one, till I realised he's looked exactly the same since 1867.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »
Quote from: "wowser"
Yeah, we don't to give away a free DVD to some berk flogging 'free degrees' and what have you.

Wait.  You just said a whole bunch of things that sound like "gibberish, gibberish, gibberish" to US ears. "berk flogging 'free degrees'"??????  You Brits.  Just because you were with the language before anyone else doesn't mean you get to invent phrases willy-nilly.