love

Author Topic: 90s US Round 5: Ghost Dog vs. Election  (Read 26566 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
1990s US Bracket, Round 5: Ghost Dog vs. Election
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »

Only one film put me to sleep, and it wasn't Ghost Dog.  I should probably give Dead Man another shot.

Not even the music kept you awake?

Well it wasn't necessarily entirely the film's fault, it was a class screening and those always put me to sleep.  I even fell asleep in the middle of Passion of the Christ, only to wake up to that weird demon baby thing.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2009, 01:50:04 AM »
I guess it had an easier playoff schedule than...say...I don't know...Dead Man;)

Yeah, Dead Man is one of many films better than Ghost Dog that have been eliminated.  But that way madness lies.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2009, 05:06:42 AM »
There.

I did it.

I caught up with 224 pages of this thread.  Ferris dazed at moment.  I think I lost track towards the end.  Is there like a visual of the bracket as it stands?  Is someone keeping like a powerpoint slide or something?

Umm, one question before I finally start working on the taxes.  So movies like Fargo and American Beauty were cast aside without any fanfare but y'all go four pages on Election?  I guess I need to see Election

Crap but now I know going in she's gonna' fall off that garbage can.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:09:34 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2009, 06:25:09 AM »
This should make things a lot more clear.
The thing about Fargo and AB, among others, is that they were kocked out at an earlier stage when a verdict was still produced by a single person, as opposed to the three or five people verdicts we use for the later rounds.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
This should make things a lot more clear.
The thing about Fargo and AB, among others, is that they were kocked out at an earlier stage when a verdict was still produced by a single person, as opposed to the three or five people verdicts we use for the later rounds.

Point well taken
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)