love

Author Topic: Theatre - The last play you saw, or are about to see  (Read 27048 times)

lise

• Elite Member
Re: Theatre - The last play you saw, or are about to see
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
I have to admit I haven't seen a show since Kiss of the Spiderwoman last year. This is a bit embarrassing since I can get comps if I really want to see something through my brother's fiancee. I'm hoping to catch the musical adaptation of Giant in the next few weeks.

---and for those of you who live near DC a plug for the theater http://www.sig-online.org/seasondescrip.htm
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
When I was a child I saw a play in Moscow. Other than when characters said 'hello' 'goodbye' and 'thank you' I had no idea what was going on. It had nice costumes though.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I went to see an act of Kabuki when I was in Tokyo. Pretty cool, I just wish I knew what was going on.
Last thing I saw was probably a pretty solid performance of 'Of Mice and Men', but that's been ages ago. I might go see Urfaust next month though,.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »
I'm going to see Wicked! again tonight! And we're sitting in the fourth row of the stalls! Should be terrific. It'll be my second trip. We saw it the first time within a week of it opening, and I can't wait to see it again. I'm also making plans to go and wait at Stage Door for autographs after.

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
I'm going to see Wicked! again tonight! And we're sitting in the fourth row of the stalls! Should be terrific. It'll be my second trip. We saw it the first time within a week of it opening, and I can't wait to see it again. I'm also making plans to go and wait at Stage Door for autographs after.

Hey, sounds so fun. Have a great time :).

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
Revival!

I saw my first Broadway show today. It was In The Heights, a story of love and heat in Washington Heights. It stars Jordin Sparks but she wasn't there today so we got her understudy. It was really great. The music was very latin-based, which was great and there was great energy throughout. Also, the last song/segment of the first act was crazy good. It's certainly worth watching and served as a good introduction to the artform.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:41 AM »
Traveling production or are you in NYC?

Jerry and I really liked it too. Paciencia y Fe was our favorite song; we loved the grandma character.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:51:23 AM by alexarch »

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 01:49:37 PM »
In NY for the day yesterday with the fam. I really enjoyed the hairdresser lady and the way that the main guy half rapped/sang.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »

Didn't know where else to post this.  That's Jack Nicholson as The Narrator and Jorge Garcia as Eddie in an All Star production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  The cast included Evan Rachel Wood, Julian McMahon and Melora Hardin.  Brad and Janet were played by Glee stars Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 08:56:33 AM »
Any UK filmspotters have a chance to see Danny Boyle's Frankenstein yet?