Author Topic: Theatre - The last play you saw, or are about to see  (Read 15974 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Theatre - The last play you saw, or are about to see
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2019, 12:16:18 AM »
Ka
Cirque du Soleil show at Las Vegas' MGM Grand had my jaw on the floor for pretty much the entire 90 minutes. It does things I didn't know were possible in a theatrical production, including a double-decker stage that is completely detached from the floor, moving around on a hydraulic lift. It is introduced as a boat, rotating 360 degrees so that we can see the characters both on deck and inside the hull. In one of the more spectacular moves, the stage rises up completely vertical to become a cliffside. Archers in the audience stand on the handrails we use to get to our seats and fire actual arrows around the cast. This leads to a battle with people swinging up and down the (stage prop) arrows sticking out of the wall. Performers get knocked off, literally plummeting from the top of the stage to below the floor. That's just a five-minute sequence. Like I said, jaw on floor.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2019, 09:14:09 PM »
 :o

Vegas isn't so far from me! I must go see that!

(I've been wanting to see Beatles LOVE, but maybe I can fit in two shows. :) )
"I'm a new day rising."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2019, 11:33:55 PM »
Bought a ticket for when The Wolves finally hits Philly in April! Didn't realize it was for one of the preview performances when doing so, but honestly don't even G.a.F. Cannot wait, this is, as I have said in numerous other threads, the best play I've read in years.