Author Topic: Five worst costume designs  (Read 4616 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Five worst costume designs
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
1. The Soloist- I couldn't find images of the worst in the movie but they are all terrible.

2. Batman

3. The Fifth Element

4. The Ladykillers

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Five worst costume designs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
You said Batman but that picture is from Batman Forever. There is a difference, sir.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:25:02 AM »
I would seriously argue against The Fifth Element being bad costume design. I'd say just the contrary. It's brilliant.

My story with The Fifth Element goes that I'd seen it loads when younger, and as I got older I thought less of it. Then I suddenly realised one day that it's satire. And I realised how stupid I was. And I realised how awesome it is.

The costume design fits perfectly with that satire/parody. It's playing on the costumes that we've seen in sci-fi to this point, taking them to the extreme, and poking fun. It's great.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
5. Catwoman

4. Aeon Flux

3. Dune
Do these effectively hide my thunder?

2. Mom and Dad Save the World

1. Zardoz

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
I would seriously argue against The Fifth Element being bad costume design. I'd say just the contrary. It's brilliant.

My story with The Fifth Element goes that I'd seen it loads when younger, and as I got older I thought less of it. Then I suddenly realised one day that it's satire. And I realised how stupid I was. And I realised how awesome it is.

The costume design fits perfectly with that satire/parody. It's playing on the costumes that we've seen in sci-fi to this point, taking them to the extreme, and poking fun. It's great.
There is an odd trend where people confuse really bad movies with parodies. The most recent example is Observe and Report. Sometimes a bad movie is just a bad movie.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

There is an odd trend where people confuse really bad movies with parodies. The most recent example is Observe and Report. Sometimes a bad movie is just a bad movie.

No, The Fifth Element is a satire, just like Starship Troopers is.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »

True, and Strong, if you are going to post a Catwoman picture to show how bad the costume design was then perhaps it should be one where Halley Berry doesn't look very hit. Just a thought.  ;)

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »

You all see a duality where there is none. It is both a satire and not a satire. It is both awful and awesome. Namaste.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
The Bald One has spoken.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
It's hard to debate 1StrongOpinion's great list, but I'll add

Logan's Run

Legend (1985)

Tron:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Although, come on Vger is smokin'

And I hate to go there, but, common' now:
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)