Author Topic: Other movie podcast suggestions?  (Read 8475 times)

Ronan

• Elite Member
Re: Other podcast suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

The Hollywood Saloon

They haven't done any recently, but check out their awesome backlog.

These guys are just back in business with 2 new podcasts. Haven't heard them yet though.

Really, I'm subscribed to them on iTunes and nothing has been downloaded to me?

I got an email off them about it. Nothing came through on iTunes so I subscribed again and there they were.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Other movie podcast suggestions?
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:26 AM »
I've downloaded a ton of people's suggestions so far today. Should be fun sifting through these
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
I've downloaded a ton of people's suggestions so far today. Should be fun sifting through these

I Love Movies so far is hillarious.  Great recommendation.  First one I grabbed they were riffing on the Dark Knight.  Laughed out several times - People at the gym kept looking at me
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:12:53 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 09:53:29 AM »

The Hollywood Saloon

They haven't done any recently, but check out their awesome backlog.

These guys are just back in business with 2 new podcasts. Haven't heard them yet though.

Really, I'm subscribed to them on iTunes and nothing has been downloaded to me?

I got an email off them about it. Nothing came through on iTunes so I subscribed again and there they were.

Thanks for the heads up, I did as such and am now subscribed again, sadly their first podcast back was about a topic that gets on my nerves, the misguided belief that there was such a thing as complete originality in Old Hollywood and it's only in modern times that films have turned into adaptations, sequels and remakes.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:21 AM »
only occasionally movie related, but today Adam Carolla had Francis Ford Coppola on his podcast to talk about his new movie Tetro, but also about his 70s movies, his wine, his daughter's career, etc

http://carollaradio.com/

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
Cinebanter (I like the girl on that podcast. The guy I find kind of blazé)

I had to give up on this one because their reviews were so painful for me to listen to. They all seemed to go along the lines of, "You know, the plot was good, the acting was good, the dialogue was good, and the scenery was good, but it just didn't entertain me. So it was stupid and I hated it. No stars."

The guy also kind of creeps me out a little when he lustfully describes the bodies of every actress he sees and then casually mentions that he's a high school teacher.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Mandrake

• Elite Member
  • Do you pick your toes in Poughkeepsie?
    • Nat's Media Rap
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
The Treatment is neat - Elvis Mitchell has such a unique and consistent approach

Mr. Hutchinson

• I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
I'll give another vote to I Love Movies w/ Doug Benson.  Battleship Pretension also has some good movie talk and good guests

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »
Cinebanter (I like the girl on that podcast. The guy I find kind of blazé)

I had to give up on this one because their reviews were so painful for me to listen to. They all seemed to go along the lines of, "You know, the plot was good, the acting was good, the dialogue was good, and the scenery was good, but it just didn't entertain me. So it was stupid and I hated it. No stars."

The guy also kind of creeps me out a little when he lustfully describes the bodies of every actress he sees and then casually mentions that he's a high school teacher.

I agree, I stopped listening to them because they had to spoil the film and such and they weren't very interesting. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

Abomination

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
I'm surprised only one person has mentioned the Slashfilmcast.  Easily the best movie podcast available.

(Filmspotting is a close second though ;) )

love