love

Author Topic: Other movie podcast suggestions?  (Read 8479 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: Other movie podcast suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
I'm surprised only one person has mentioned the Slashfilmcast.  Easily the best movie podcast available.

(Filmspotting is a close second though ;) )

Hey.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
Re: Other podcast suggestions?
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »
Cinebanter (I like the girl on that podcast. The guy I find kind of blazé)

I had to give up on this one because their reviews were so painful for me to listen to. They all seemed to go along the lines of, "You know, the plot was good, the acting was good, the dialogue was good, and the scenery was good, but it just didn't entertain me. So it was stupid and I hated it. No stars."

The guy also kind of creeps me out a little when he lustfully describes the bodies of every actress he sees and then casually mentions that he's a high school teacher.

I don't listen to them every week. They bring up interesting points, which is mostly why I keep coming back every once in a while. But because of that 'blazé' attitude I never last very long, sometimes skipping over 2 or 3 episodes at a time. Like I said, I really think the girl is alright. But the guy...yeah, sometimes it sounds as if he trying to be a douche just to disagree for the sake of it.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

Abomination

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:38 AM »
I'm surprised only one person has mentioned the Slashfilmcast.  Easily the best movie podcast available.

(Filmspotting is a close second though ;) )

Hey.

Please see the bolded section.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »
Everyone who hasn't should check out A Damn Movie Podcast. It's probably tied for my favorite movie podcast with The /Filmcast and Filmspotting. They review a film every week, usually not a new release, and then they review a festival film, their version of a marathon (they are currently doing Herzog), and the round it off with their top 5 based on some topic. They are knowledgeable enough, have interesting opinions, but have a laid back and more raw approach. They are professional, but they don't sound like they want their show to be on the radio, they will swear, they aren't afraid to piss people off, but they are all kinds of fun to listen to.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »
Everyone who hasn't should check out A Damn Movie Podcast...

I'll check it out. 

I've been watching the Rotten Tomatoes Vidcast lately...it's ok (maybe a bit annoying) but at least I can keep on top of what's in the theaters and they give an early Tomato meter rating. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:21:09 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »
The more podcasts I listen to the more I really appreciate Filmspotting.  They are really head and sholders above the others:  efficient and professional without being too stuffy and rigid.  It really is a great balance.  Hearing Adam on an old /Filmcast episode really highlighted that for me.

The only knock is that it would be nice to get some movie-minutes for other films out each week.  I understand why they don't.  I just have to supplement with over shows throughout the week.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
Everyone who hasn't should check out A Damn Movie Podcast. It's probably tied for my favorite movie podcast with The /Filmcast and Filmspotting. They review a film every week, usually not a new release, and then they review a festival film, their version of a marathon (they are currently doing Herzog), and the round it off with their top 5 based on some topic. They are knowledgeable enough, have interesting opinions, but have a laid back and more raw approach. They are professional, but they don't sound like they want their show to be on the radio, they will swear, they aren't afraid to piss people off, but they are all kinds of fun to listen to.

That sounds just like the /Filmcast.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »

It's similar, except for not as crowded, every once in a while the wife of one of the hosts will be on the show, but otherwise it's only the two main hosts. It's very similar in tone and style, but they never cover recent releases, so it's very different in that regard, they are also always popping open beer cans, so there is that.

henchman

• CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO A DAMN PODCAST!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »

It's similar, except for not as crowded, every once in a while the wife of one of the hosts will be on the show, but otherwise it's only the two main hosts. It's very similar in tone and style, but they never cover recent releases, so it's very different in that regard, they are also always popping open beer cans, so there is that.

Thanks Bill! We always appericiate hearing about people checking us out.
We are defintitely looser than Filmspotting, but it was a huge inspiration, at least for me.
Not sure if Sherlock has really listened to it before.

We found people like revisiting older films and we would have these conversations anyways, we figured we might as well record them. 63 episodes later we are still going strong, bottoms up! And thanks again!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:29:26 PM by henchman »
www.adamnpodcast.com
IF YOU LIKE FILMSPOTTING, DOWNLOAD OUR PODCAST TODAY!!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

Thanks Bill! We always appericiate hearing about people checking us out.
We are defintitely looser than Filmspotting, but it was a huge inspiration, at least for me.
Not sure if Sherlock has really listened to it before.

We found people like revisiting older films and we would have these conversations anyways, we figured we might as well record them. 63 episodes later we are still going strong, bottoms up! And thanks again!

No problem, like I said, I do really enjoy your podcast, just discovered it a couple of episodes ago, but I already really like it.