Books that should be movies... Hmmmkay, after years and years of reading I have given up on literature, and have currently limited myself to pulp, pulp science fiction if possible. I'm a sucker for the cheap thrills, outworldish storylines and cheezy characters. Most of what I read now would not translate very well on the big screen.
So after long thought, here's my list:
- The Historian (Elizabeth Kostova) (Movie rights sold.)
- Snow Crash (Neil Stephenson)
- The Traveller (John Twelve Hawks) (Movie rights sold.)
- The Divine Comedy (Dante) (Has already been filmed/referenced, but I would love to see a more recent (and decent) adaptation.)
- Storm (Martin van Lodewijk/Don Lawrence) (Comic book series, mainly popular in The Netherlands and the UK.)