love

Author Topic: Unpopular music opinions (The Honorary FLYmeatwad thread)  (Read 139235 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Unpopular music opinions (The Honorary FLYmeatwad thread)
« Reply #850 on: December 13, 2009, 01:51:40 AM »
I've only heard Poker Face and Paparazzi but I really like the both of them. Papa paparazzi! Puh Puh Puh Puh Poker face. She likes repeating syllables.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #851 on: December 13, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »
i don't think its possible to like pop music and not like gaga.  now if yr not a fan of most of what you hear on yr local top 40 then fine but the catchy hooks, euro-pop production & meta image situation all add up to a hugely enjoyable experience.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #852 on: December 13, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »
I've only heard Poker Face and Paparazzi but I really like the both of them. Papa paparazzi! Puh Puh Puh Puh Poker face. She likes repeating syllables.

I won't say hate or can't stand, but I really don't like Lady Gaga.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #853 on: December 13, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

I won't say hate or can't stand, but I really don't like Lady Gaga.

Who the Hell is Lady Gaga?

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #854 on: December 13, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »
i don't think its possible to like pop music and not like gaga.  now if yr not a fan of most of what you hear on yr local top 40 then fine but the catchy hooks, euro-pop production & meta image situation all add up to a hugely enjoyable experience.

I was late to the party but I get it. She is masterful in her image/media manipulation and her music is fun and catchy. It does require a love of pop music. She is the Spice Girls on crack and steroids.
Hey, nice marmot!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #855 on: December 13, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »
I was late to the party but I get it. She is masterful in her image/media manipulation and her music is fun and catchy. It does require a love of pop music. She is the Spice Girls on crack and steroids.
I'm aware of her existence (and of her penis), but I don't think I've heard any of her songs.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #856 on: December 13, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »

You're thinking of Girls Aloud, I think. They got a shout out on The Thick of It this week.

I'm aware of her existence (and of her penis), but I don't think I've heard any of her songs.
[/quote]

Though I suppose now I'm aware of the latter as well?

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #857 on: December 13, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
They're solid, but not great. They're catchy, great on the dance floor but nothing special.

And I've stopped paying attention to her public image, that way madness lies.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #858 on: December 13, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
The penis thing is one of her greatest accomplishments - imo - it's all done with a wink and a nod but also she is firmly ingrained in the public eye as the girl with the schlong...

i don't think its possible to like pop music and not like gaga.  now if yr not a fan of most of what you hear on yr local top 40 then fine but the catchy hooks, euro-pop production & meta image situation all add up to a hugely enjoyable experience.

You're thinking of Girls Aloud, I think. They got a shout out on The Thick of It this week.

GA are fine but they only copied the Spice Girls model - Gaga took it and rewrote it.
Hey, nice marmot!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #859 on: December 13, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
They're solid, but not great. They're catchy, great on the dance floor but nothing special.

And I've stopped paying attention to her public image, that way madness lies.

Are the "they" in here Girls Aloud?

love