Author Topic: 90s US Bracket: Semifinals and Finals  (Read 35303 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
90s US Bracket: Semifinals and Finals
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »
Figured maybe Junior wanted to start talking about the most awesome movie ever.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:10:23 AM by pixote »

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
Re: 90s US Final Four: Magnolia vs. Lost Highway (Deadline: Flexible)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
Lost Highway IS pretty awesome.  That is true.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »
I'm going to wait and hope that Magnolia gets beat here. If not I'll just have to rewatch it, which I hoped I'd never have to do, for the finals. I'm not saying I'll hate the experience, but I'm dreading it.

Actually, I dread having to watch Lost Highway also. Never seen it, but I get the feeling I won't like it.

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 01:07:24 PM »
I'm going to wait and hope that Magnolia gets beat here. If not I'll just have to rewatch it, which I hoped I'd never have to do, for the finals. I'm not saying I'll hate the experience, but I'm dreading it.

Actually, I dread having to watch Lost Highway also. Never seen it, but I get the feeling I won't like it.

Wrong! Judging by your appreciation of the "Monster Within" movies, you'd love it.

It is also quite high on the nudity, awesome one-liners, random violence and explosions as well. I know that helps.  ;)
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »

Wrong! Judging by your appreciation of the "Monster Within" movies, you'd love it.

It is also quite high on the nudity, awesome one-liners, random violence and explosions as well. I know that helps.  ;)

Hmm, you've made me less pessimistic :) The one Lynch film I've seen is Molholland Dr. I don't know that I enjoyed it or even made sense of it, but the bizarreness was mesmerizing. It appears that Lost Highway might share that quality, which would be a plus.

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »

Hmm, you've made me less pessimistic :) The one Lynch film I've seen is Molholland Dr. I don't know that I enjoyed it or even made sense of it, but the bizarreness was mesmerizing. It appears that Lost Highway might share that quality, which would be a plus.

I'd say LH is even more mesmerizinger, but in a less bizarre way...
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »
LH is pretty cool, smirnoff. Don't fear it .
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I will participate in this match up after all.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »
Anyone planning on doing a verdict?  What about for Goodfellas vs. Reservoir Dogs?
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »
Anyone planning on doing a verdict?  What about for Goodfellas vs. Reservoir Dogs?
I have Magnolia sitting here so I figured I'd pop it in one of these days. I don't know if it's summer activities or pix' absence, but this really has stalled.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love