Author Topic: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread  (Read 199991 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
FYC:

Eureka
Morvern Callar
Le Fils
Pather Panchali
Paris, Texas (it's too low as it stands now)

No All About My Mother push?  I plan on revisiting it.

Tonight: Paris, Texas

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »

Sure, I'll push. It's just that I feel like people seem to love Talk to Her more and I wonder if All About My Mother has too much personal resonance for me. But people should definitely be watching it and stuff. For instance, just looking at that screenshot is a little hard for me :'(.

Can't wait.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

Sure, I'll push. It's just that I feel like people seem to love Talk to Her more and I wonder if All About My Mother has too much personal resonance for me. But people should definitely be watching it and stuff. For instance, just looking at that screenshot is a little hard for me :'(.

Can't wait.

not sure why i always forget about Almodovar, i need to revisit All About My Mother, my fave from him; i'm still missing out on Talk to Her
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »

Sure, I'll push. It's just that I feel like people seem to love Talk to Her more and I wonder if All About My Mother has too much personal resonance for me.

AAMM made the first list and TtH didn't, so maybe not.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »

Can't wait.

not sure why i always forget about Almodovar, i need to revisit All About My Mother, my fave from him; i'm still missing out on Talk to Her

Do you think the the mother and son's relationship is REALLY weird at the start? Takes the Oedipus complex to a new (disturbing) level.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »

Sure, I'll push. It's just that I feel like people seem to love Talk to Her more and I wonder if All About My Mother has too much personal resonance for me.

AAMM made the first list and TtH didn't, so maybe not.

Nice, I didn't bother checking the list while posting these. I approve though, obviously :). I don't need to rewatch it at all to know it belongs but I will now, having posted that screenshot and all.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »
Watching Stalker right now. Unless it gets really amazing all of a sudden in the last act it's not making my top 100.  :-\

Planning on watching Rivers & Tides tonight. Already seen most of it, but in bits in pieces. Need to see it from beginning to end for once.

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
i think I'm going to do a million more rankings on Flickchart and then post my 100 from there.

Do you happen to have any beta invites for that?  I've been dying to try it out.
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »
i think I'm going to do a million more rankings on Flickchart and then post my 100 from there.

Do you happen to have any beta invites for that?  I've been dying to try it out.

Try this.

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

Try this.

Well I feel stupid.  Last time I had checked it was in private beta I thought.  Anyway... thanks.   ;D
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter