love

Author Topic: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread  (Read 199928 times)

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
Re: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
All these Frenchies and no mention of the Gallic director who will have the most films on my top 100: Bresson.

The original question seems pretty New Wave and New Wave-related specific.  I don't think you can fit Bresson in there.

He'll have a few in my Top 100 as well, though.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
I apologize for 3000 Miles to Graceland. You can call me Vogel.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
is there any good websites where I can generate a top 100 list...with a good library of titles and complete custimaiztion options (ie not the iterative process of Flickchart). only good spot for me to do this is during lunch breaks at work...as I would rather spend free time at home actually watching movies :)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2009, 02:32:39 PM »
is there any good websites where I can generate a top 100 list...with a good library of titles and complete custimaiztion options (ie not the iterative process of Flickchart). only good spot for me to do this is during lunch breaks at work...as I would rather spend free time at home actually watching movies :)

Criticker works well for me.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

Wait, since when are you using that? I thought roujin and I were the only ones...

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »

pen, paper, and empire's top 500 movies.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »

Wait, since when are you using that? I thought roujin and I were the only ones...

Sometime last year? What's your name?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »
<--

Same as forums. Yours?

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2009, 03:12:12 PM »

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »
did cricketer for awhile, but eventually realized that i didnt know the difference between a movie deserving an 84 and one deserving an 85. just a bit too technical for me.

Might just type all my 4 and 5 star ratings on Netflix into a word document and start endlessly tweaking it until the deadline. Everytime I look through them I end up downgrading dozens of movies I rated too high after intial viewing.

love