love

Author Topic: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread  (Read 199947 times)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
Re: The 2nd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - comments thread
« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:49 AM »
Of the lists I've seen so far (tentative or official) here's a count of the films I shared with other members.
Where am i on this list? :(
I only left you out because it was a top 100 vs top 20. Nothing personal :) But if I compare your top 20 to my top 20, we have 2 matches... which puts you in the upper middle range percentage wise.
You should expand your list! ;D

I should expand my list, but after only 3 years of being a film fan, i dont have enough films i love to form a top 100. I probably could have done a top 50, but i just didnt.

Actually, i did compare my top 20 to your top 100 and we still only have 2 in common, both, strangely, in your top 5.

I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
Of the lists I've seen so far (tentative or official) here's a count of the films I shared with other members.
Where am i on this list? :(
I only left you out because it was a top 100 vs top 20. Nothing personal :) But if I compare your top 20 to my top 20, we have 2 matches... which puts you in the upper middle range percentage wise.
You should expand your list! ;D

I should expand my list, but after only 3 years of being a film fan, i dont have enough films i love to form a top 100. I probably could have done a top 50, but i just didnt.

Actually, i did compare my top 20 to your top 100 and we still only have 2 in common, both, strangely, in your top 5.

:) I probably should have somehow made room for these.

15.Glengarry Glen Ross
14.Brick
02.Once Upon a Time in the West

In fact having recently rewatched both Once Upon a Time In The West and The Good The Bad and The Ugly, I could do a straight swap. TGTBTU wasn't quite as strong as I remembered, where as OUaTitW was even better then I remembered (and I remembered it being very awesome).Also, I would now place For A Few Dollars More ahead of TGTBTU.

These I've yet to see (awful, I know!)

20.The Third Man
13.Blade Runner
09.Being John Malkovich
07.Hunger

I'm probably going to make a few adjustments to my list before the deadline.  ;)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #582 on: August 12, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »
It's all about trying to remember those few nostalgic and guilty pleasure type films. You can probably cull all the other picks from existing lists, imdb top list, etc... but you'll kick yourself for forgetting this stuff:

;)

I didn't even like that movie as a kid.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #583 on: August 12, 2009, 09:44:53 AM »
Where do people get their poster images/ screen cap images from?

I do all my screencaps myself, but you can generally get good ones from dvdbeaver.com.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #584 on: August 12, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »
It's all about trying to remember those few nostalgic and guilty pleasure type films. You can probably cull all the other picks from existing lists, imdb top list, etc... but you'll kick yourself for forgetting this stuff:

;)

I didn't even like that movie as a kid.

WHAAAA! It had the power glove... THE POWER GLOVE!

then we all bought the powerglove and realized it sucked but still...

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #585 on: August 12, 2009, 10:15:38 AM »
Tried watching that a few months ago.  Does not live up to the nostalgia.  We only made it about 20 minutes before turning it off.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »
Heh, I've never actually seen it myself, but it made a good example.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
Oh hell. I just started tweaking my list. You change one thing and you start changing everything :-\

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
I lied about being done with the watching half. I'm watching The Decalogue. I wonder if this all should even be counted as one movie. If it is then shouldn't Lord of the Rings all be one movie?  They have about the same running time. And what about Ivan the Terrible? (Although, both parts were made in different decades so I guess they probably should be broken up.)

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

;)

My second most favorite childhood movie behind the Might Duck series! Aww yeah.

love