Poll

Of the following choices, who is THE Hollywood Legend?

Humphrey Bogart
15 (30.6%)
James Cagney
1 (2%)
Bette Davis
0 (0%)
Henry Fonda
4 (8.2%)
Cary Grant
7 (14.3%)
Katharine Hepburn
3 (6.1%)
Barbara Stanwyck
4 (8.2%)
James Stewart
10 (20.4%)
John Wayne
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: And The Legend is...  (Read 3486 times)

Teproc

• Elite Member
Re: And The Legend is...
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »
Well, it depends what the question is. The most legendary of them all, the most iconic is clearly John Wayne. Before I turned cinephile, I wouldn't have been able to tell Cary Grant, Jimmmy Stewart and James Cagney apart. That is, I could identify that there were all old movie stars, but which one ? Well, maybe Grant, and certainly Fonda because of Once Upon a Time in the West... and probably BOgart... but none of them would have been as familiar to me as John Wayne, even having not seen a single one of his films.

Now that I think of it, maybe La classe américaine (which is a parodic film made out of the Warner Bros catalogue with humorous French dubbing) featuring Wayne very heavily plays a role there. But whatever the case, he seems the most iconic of the bunch to me by a (western) country mile.

My favorite now, however ? James Stewart, easily. I do love Grant and Fonda as well, and possibly Hepburn and Davis too though I need to see more from them to really know.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:37:24 PM by Teproc »
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Knocked Out Loaded

• Elite Member
  • I might remember it all differently tomorrow.
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 03:34:18 AM »
Humphrey Bogart FTW.
Extraordinary (81-100˚) | Very good (61-80˚) | Good (41-60˚) | Fair (21-40˚) | Poor (0-20˚)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 05:48:05 AM »
Bogart