love

Author Topic: August MDC Female Directors: Assignments in First Post  (Read 35639 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: August MDC
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
I'm in again. Would have super serious trouble with the French and Italian films though, so I vote against those. Other than that I'm fine.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
I'm in... and I will eventually watch/review everything remaining on my list... or at least give it a few tries before giving up.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »
I vote for not Italian films since I've only seen like 2, and just about everyone has likely seen them, so I would be unable to dictate.

A topic that allows me to dictate either Not Another Teen Movie or Hotel for Dogs would be ideal though.

Not Another Teen Movie is so much fun. Not much can make me laugh as hard as when the kid catches the ball and gets tackled...
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 04:00:55 AM »
I'd also like another Free Skate month, but am really down for anything.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 04:20:36 AM »
I'm in.  I'd go for anything, but I'd love either a weird film or a dialogue film.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »
I'm in.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »
I vote for not Italian films since I've only seen like 2, and just about everyone has likely seen them, so I would be unable to dictate.

A topic that allows me to dictate either Not Another Teen Movie or Hotel for Dogs would be ideal though.

Not Another Teen Movie is so much fun. Not much can make me laugh as hard as when the kid catches the ball and gets tackled...

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but let's say you're not because you're a cool person and would not do that. So, in that case, I agree 100 percent, the film is hysterical.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but let's say you're not because you're a cool person and would not do that. So, in that case, I agree 100 percent, the film is hysterical.

While I think sarcasm is the highest form of wit, I am being straight-up here. That scene rocks. Every scene with Randy Quid rocks. The whole movie rocks.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
I keep saying to myself "don't sign up for these, don't sign up..." but I'm in. Would be in favor of performances, good looks (cinematography is too specific), or great dialogue.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
I'll join this month. Cinematography could be interesting.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/