Author Topic: Inglourious Basterds  (Read 101883 times)

scooterb23

Re: Inglourious Basterds
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 09:26:21 AM »
I have to admit that I was really hoping to see more of the Basterds doing their thing.  I really enjoyed (sick, huh?) their scenes immensely. 

Having said that, this movie was wonderful.  For it being 2 and a half hours long...with many extremely long scenes...I never got bored, never let my eyes wander from the screen.  It was all extremely interesting.  I wonder if it'd hold up that well under repeated viewings?

I'm not sure where I'd put this in my rankings for the year.  It was quite a bit different than I was expecting (maybe even hoping) but it was so well done.  I'll have to give it some more thought.

ian

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 10:12:55 AM »
You ought to. I thought their story was the best.

Shosanna was also my favorite character. I kept expecting the Basterds and Shosanna to get together at some point but they both executed their plans without ever meeting.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »

Shosanna was also my favorite character. I kept expecting the Basterds and Shosanna to get together at some point but they both executed their plans without ever meeting.

Which I think was genius. He is basically saying everyone wanted to kill the nazi high command, which is true.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »

Haha, silly to expect anything in this universe! How funny was Eli Roth and the other guy unloading the barrage of gunfire, seemingly oblivious to the theatre burning down. Did it even occur to them that something else was going on? Jeez, I can't wait to see the hilarity again!  :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »

Haha, silly to expect anything in this universe! How funny was Eli Roth and the other guy unloading the barrage of gunfire, seemingly oblivious to the theatre burning down. Did it even occur to them that something else was going on? Jeez, I can't wait to see the hilarity again!  :D

You gotta love that out of the 12 or so main characters all but 3 die! Even for Tarantino that is impressive.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »

At first I was thinking the same, then they immediately flash onto their faces and you can see they are having so much fun killing nazis they wouldn't notice the end of the world around them.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »

At first I was thinking the same, then they immediately flash onto their faces and you can see they are having so much fun killing nazis they wouldn't notice the end of the world around them.

Yep, I'm convinced this is a straight-up comedy. IMDB says Action, Drama, War only but then again they couldn't find the 'comedy' label for the hilarious Planet Terror.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »

Yep, I'm convinced this is a straight-up comedy. IMDB says Action, Drama, War only but then again they couldn't find the 'comedy' label for the hilarious Planet Terror.

It's all things.  ;D

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »
Melanie Laurent deserves an Oscar nomination.

It was really nice that they got a bunch of Jewish actors and actresses to play Jewish characters.  Eli Roth, Samm Levine, BJ Novack, Paul Rust, and Melanie Laurent are all Jewish in real life.  Obviously Brad Pitt is not Jewish but the rest were all Jewish.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:47:58 AM by Moviebuff28 »

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
The same way all the Germans are played by German actors (or Austrian at least) for a change.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

love