Author Topic: Inglourious Basterds  (Read 102112 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: Inglourious Basterds
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »
I think his references in other films aren't as blatant, but here, he wears them all on his jacked which says: "I am the coolest and most knowledgeable movie geek ever," which automatically makes you a douche.

I don't know, Kill Bill and Death Proof are pretty explicitly blatant in their references.
You are probably right. The difference is that I probably haven't see the films those reference. To be honest I can take or leave those two films. (I assume you are referring to Kill Bill vol. 1)

The diner scene in Death Proof really sticks out because they're talking about Vanishing Point and how badass the car from it is, plus later they take it for a test drive.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2009, 06:04:46 PM »
I think his references in other films aren't as blatant, but here, he wears them all on his jacked which says: "I am the coolest and most knowledgeable movie geek ever," which automatically makes you a douche.

I don't know, Kill Bill and Death Proof are pretty explicitly blatant in their references.
You are probably right. The difference is that I probably haven't see the films those reference. To be honest I can take or leave those two films. (I assume you are referring to Kill Bill vol. 1)

The diner scene in Death Proof really sticks out because they're talking about Vanishing Point and how badass the car from it is, plus later they take it for a test drive.
Yea, that was one of my problems with the film even though I haven't seen Vanishing Point.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2009, 06:18:07 PM »
Chapter hierarchy...

5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
3 is the cafe, right? Actually that part had me on the edge of my seat. Especially at the end with the milk bit.

Variable

• Stroke Me Lady Fame
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »

Yea, that was one of my problems with the film even though I haven't seen Vanishing Point.

your problem is that they mention another movie? or that scene?

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »

your problem is that they mention another movie? or that scene?

It's not the mention of the movie, it's the waxing on about it for minutes on end.  It just wasn't interesting (and I like Vanishing Point quite a bit).  I actually like Death Proof as a whole, just really don't care for that particular scene.

mattybgame

« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »
Hans Landa, homosexual?

The blonde kid killed at the end ...

Adam, raised this last night off-air, and I have to admit I'm digging it.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
Hans Landa, homosexual?

Interesting..I can see that
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »
...He reminded me of Tom Hulce (Amedeus, Parenthood...)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
Hans Landa, homosexual?

It's possible, but I don't see how you could get that one way or another from the film.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love