Author Topic: Inglourious Basterds  (Read 102113 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Inglourious Basterds
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
I really don't want to open up this can of worms again--although it is fun--but I found a fascinating NPR interview.

And yes, it's going to be a source in my paper.

Really interesting listen, although it doesn't have anything to do with the movie.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:28 AM »
I really don't want to open up this can of worms again--although it is fun--but I found a fascinating NPR interview.

That is really fascinating. Thanks for the link.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »

Really interesting listen, although it doesn't have anything to do with the movie.
I think it has some parallels (at least as far as my paper is concerned). I mean at one point they almost optioned her father's book so I'd say it was fairly relevant to the subject of the film.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »

I think it has some parallels (at least as far as my paper is concerned). I mean at one point they almost optioned her father's book so I'd say it was fairly relevant to the subject of the film.

It parallels for sure. I just mean that the fact that IB is not historical is not a problem with the film as has been said before. It is in no way trying to be historical.

Soderman

• I am the very model of a modern major general.
    • Vids of me playin' piano.
« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2009, 10:27:57 AM »
I just bought the bluray and am going through some of the extra features.  It's a power house of bonus features.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2009, 10:42:17 AM »
I just picked up the bluray too. I wish the Alliance wasn't so stupid and just used the same cover art as the American release.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »
trying to get this via Netflix.... but that whole program has sucked the last 3 months... you can't get ANY new release for atleast 2 months.... they need to increase movie volume or offer more streaming
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
I picked up the DVD today.  I'm a little disappointed.  I appreciate the "round table discussion" with Tarantino and Pitt, but I think an audio commentary would have been better.

Inglourious Basterds is a great looking movie.  "Beauty" isn't a word that comes to mind when I think about Tarantino. Usually I think about dialogue, music, and of course, violence.  But I'm watching this DVD right now, and my overall impression is that each scene is beautiful to just look at.
The answers you seek are in Norway.

bb6634

« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
I picked up the DVD today.  I'm a little disappointed.  I appreciate the "round table discussion" with Tarantino and Pitt, but I think an audio commentary would have been better.

I feel the same way re: wanting a commentary. Definitely would have been a bonus.  Tarantino won't do commentaries for his own films.  I don't know why not.  However,  he will do them for other film makers/friends' films (i.e. Hot Fuzz).   He did do one for True Romance though (not his since Tony Scott directed).  His commentaries are a treat.  They come off as  mini-film classes.  His breadth of film knowledge is awesome.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:05:30 PM by bb6634 »

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »

I feel the same way re: wanting a commentary. Definitely would have been a bonus.  Tarantino won't do commentaries for his own films.  I don't know why not.  However,  he will do them for other film makers/friends' films (i.e. Hot Fuzz).   He did do one for True Romance though (not his since Tony Scott directed).  His commentaries are a treat.  They come off as  mini-film classes.  His breadth of film knowledge is awesome.

Really?  I did not know that.  I would totally rent a DVD just to listen to Tarantino's commentary. 
The answers you seek are in Norway.