love

Author Topic: Inglourious Basterds  (Read 102120 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
Re: Inglourious Basterds
« Reply #400 on: December 21, 2009, 02:12:02 PM »
So you deny that logic issues messed up the movie for you?

And I wouldn't say glaring. I never thought of the security issues. But then again I never think about things like that. I'm a really stupid moviegoer. I never figure out twists or see plot holes.

Logic issues... was one of them... the other was the strong first two chapters... they were soooo good, and I felt the rest of the movie was just a let down... I wanted to see the Basterds in action...

How was the final scene not the Basterds at their peak?

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
So you deny that logic issues messed up the movie for you?

And I wouldn't say glaring. I never thought of the security issues. But then again I never think about things like that. I'm a really stupid moviegoer. I never figure out twists or see plot holes.

Logic issues... was one of them... the other was the strong first two chapters... they were soooo good, and I felt the rest of the movie was just a let down... I wanted to see the Basterds in action...

How was the final scene not the Basterds at their peak?

The movie star gets found out... Pitt is captured... and the other guys, for no real reason, decide to kill Hitler with their guns, even though the bombs would have done the deal?   

spectacular timing too Eli Roth... glad to see he somehow knew to get out of the theater before the doors were locked!
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
I wanted to see the Basterds earning their rep.... scalping Nazis, etc..... we saw the beginning, and the end....

Did I miss the scene where they machine guns the jeep through the windshield?
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2009, 02:46:35 PM »
I wanted to see the Basterds earning their rep.... scalping Nazis, etc..... we saw the beginning, and the end....

Yeah...it's there - VERY briefly at about the 2/3 mark as a flashback kinda thing. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »

Yeah...it's there - VERY briefly at about the 2/3 mark as a flashback kinda thing. 

Yep, part of Stiglitz's little bio flashback.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »
Plot holes become obvious and irritating when the movie is shit.
When it is awesome, we don't care.
When it is awesome, and is well aware of its plot holes and the like and still DOES NOT CARE because it is so awesome, we just have to applaud.

Basterds fits into the third category.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
When it is awesome, and is well aware of its plot holes and the like and still DOES NOT CARE because it is so awesome, we just have to applaud.

It's so funny that we do this, but I'm right there with ya!

(and I did applaud! :) the only time in two years in the cimena! )
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Oh no! You're not one of those people are you haha? Well only twice maybe you can be forgiven, but seriously, if you aren't watching a play where the actors can hear the applause it does seem silly.

I gave a big internal applause-double fist pump-triple chair spin combo.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2009, 11:04:48 PM »

Oh no! You're not one of those people are you haha? Well only twice maybe you can be forgiven, but seriously, if you aren't watching a play where the actors can hear the applause it does seem silly.

I am SOOOO not that guy.  I'm pretty well known for my stinginess in the clapping arena - so this was kinda a big deal!
(switchboard)

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »

An addendum to this rule: applause IS permitted if you are seeing the movie at a film festival and one or more of the cast and/or crew members are present.
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

love