love

Author Topic: What is the best thing you did yesterday?  (Read 145800 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: What is the best thing you did yesterday?
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
Went a-Christmas-treeing with the fam. (And it wasn't raining!)

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »

Oh, I love that.  I'm there! 

Yesterday was Thanksgiving up at my parents' house.  So I got to hang out with my family, especially all my brothers.  My youngest bro flew in from Atlanta, so we were all together for the first time in a year.  So from a "me-me-me" perspective, the best thing I did was pounce on my little bro and punch him and tease him and ruffle his hair... 

But from any other perspective, the best thing I did was clean up all the table, etc, afterwards, and direct traffic getting my brothers to put the furniture back properly and vacuum everything and all the dishes and stuff that has to be done so that Mom doesn't have to do it.  Because she's 63 and she has four grown sons!  She shouldn't have to do those things anymore.
The answers you seek are in Norway.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »

Did you cut your own?

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

Me, too!  I never think I'm ready for Christmas, but then the day after Thanksgiving, we all pile in the car and drive to this little place run by a retired guy who grows Christmas trees (and who can't be making any money). I love the place - he has it set up so that you take a saw and one of the wooden carts he's made and trundle down a path through a small section of a proper forest until you reach his field of Christmas trees. It's all green and lovely, and there are usually a few other families poking around trying to decide on a tree, too. It never fails to put me in a holiday mood. :)

Did you cut your own?
So, yes. :)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »

Me, too!  I never think I'm ready for Christmas, but then the day after Thanksgiving, we all pile in the car and drive to this little place run by a retired guy who grows Christmas trees (and who can't be making any money). I love the place - he has it set up so that you take a saw and one of the wooden carts he's made and trundle down a path through a small section of a proper forest until you reach his field of Christmas trees. It's all green and lovely, and there are usually a few other families poking around trying to decide on a tree, too. It never fails to put me in a holiday mood. :)

Did you cut your own?

One of the many reasons I'll never voluntarily leave the Pacific Northwest :D

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »

Did you cut your own?

One of the many reasons I'll never voluntarily leave the Pacific Northwest :D

We lived in Oregon from 2003-2008.  It was beautiful, and I understand why you'd never want to leave.  We were introduced to the tradition of Christmas-treeing there; we had a group of friends who would make chili and hot chocolate and we'd all make a day of it.  It's a fun thing to do.  I can almost smell those trees from here!   :)
The answers you seek are in Norway.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
Loved my little niece - she is with us all weekend!
Hey, nice marmot!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
Yesterday was totally awesome.

First, I finished writing the first draft of a book I'd been working on for years-- yea!

Then I got awesome snacks and my family and I-- all five of us-- played games all day.  We played Kaboodle, Farkle, Clue, Whoonu, and Risk II.  Game names can be it's own language after a while.

Then, to it all off, we watched Porco Rosso in our Miyazaki Marathon.  How awesome is that!   :D :D :D
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »
First, I finished writing the first draft of a book I'd been working on for years-- yea!
Awesome!
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
Scored a goal.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

love