love

Author Topic: What is the best thing you did yesterday?  (Read 145944 times)

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
Re: What is the best thing you did yesterday?
« Reply #420 on: April 01, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
Worked in my garden and planted kale, chard, broccoli, and cabbage starts.

I can't wait to garden! The planting season here in Montana starts a bit later, though. But I just found out that I can purchase a plot from Graduate Housing. I am stoked.

Have you planted kale and chard before? I've never done that.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #421 on: April 01, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »
Worked in my garden and planted kale, chard, broccoli, and cabbage starts.

I can't wait to garden! The planting season here in Montana starts a bit later, though. But I just found out that I can purchase a plot from Graduate Housing. I am stoked.

Have you planted kale and chard before? I've never done that.
Yeah, our planting season does start a bit earlier though I was a little nervous about planting yesterday. But I figure I'm pretty safe now that it's April, and chard and kale are especially hardy.

I did chard last year, and we enjoyed it all summer - so good as very quick side dish. I often prepare it by first slicing the leaves and stems, then heating on med-high some olive oil (1-2 T.) in a largeish saucepan that has a lid, then browning 1-2 whole garlic cloves for a minute or so in the oil, then adding the chard all at once and covering it quickly with the lid. I stir it or shake it once or twice while it's cooking, and it's done in just a few minutes, basically when it's fairly wilted. So yummy with the olive oil and garlic flavor.

How cool that you can get a garden plot! What are you hoping to plant?

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #422 on: April 01, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »
read outside for a few hours.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2010, 09:55:26 AM »
Pulled off a fun April Fools prank that seemed to amuse a lot of people (including the Chief, which is good).

Right outside of our office, which is on the lower level of the police department building and not in public view, there's a line of plaque/frames on the wall for photos of each officer of the month from the previous year as well as both officers of the year.  The current officer of the month has their picture and citation letter displayed in the lobby and the photos downstairs are rotated out after a year.

So there is a total of 12 plaque/frames in a horizontal line on the hall wall with 2 frames above (officers of the year).  I went on the internet and found and printed 8x10s of all sorts of famous cops from TV and movies, I have everyone from Barney Fife to McNulty from the Wire, and put their photos in the frames.  It took a little while for people to noticed and then the word started getting around, we could hear people laughing and talking about it all day.

Chief really liked it, so I admitted that it was me who did it :)  He said leave it til Monday so everyone gets a chance to see and enjoy it.

Oh, officers of the year were Barney Fife and Barney Miller.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
Pulled off a fun April Fools prank that seemed to amuse a lot of people (including the Chief, which is good).

Right outside of our office, which is on the lower level of the police department building and not in public view, there's a line of plaque/frames on the wall for photos of each officer of the month from the previous year as well as both officers of the year.  The current officer of the month has their picture and citation letter displayed in the lobby and the photos downstairs are rotated out after a year.

So there is a total of 12 plaque/frames in a horizontal line on the hall wall with 2 frames above (officers of the year).  I went on the internet and found and printed 8x10s of all sorts of famous cops from TV and movies, I have everyone from Barney Fife to McNulty from the Wire, and put their photos in the frames.  It took a little while for people to noticed and then the word started getting around, we could hear people laughing and talking about it all day.

Chief really liked it, so I admitted that it was me who did it :)  He said leave it til Monday so everyone gets a chance to see and enjoy it.

Oh, officers of the year were Barney Fife and Barney Miller.

:D Well done!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »
Good one.

Did Chief Wiggum make it up there?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »
Good one.

need a photo!!
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »
Started looking for jobs, got a suit. Still didn't grow up.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2010, 11:12:34 AM »
Good one.

need a photo!!

oh...I meant Colleen.  But thanks!  this is good too :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

love